I feel like a different person.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started about 2 months ago when I was at work and I felt really dizzy and had a tight chest and pins and needles in my left arm. I jumped straight to "oh god I'm having a heart attack" so I went to A&E and it turns out I just had a bad panic attack. I don't have a clue what triggered it at all I'm usually a healthy happy lad.

Ever since then I have had so many different things wrong with me from my stomach making weird noises, bad heads, tight chests and tremors. I just don't know what to do. I've went to see doctors and had blood tests and they said it's just anxiety but it seems to be getting worse. Does anyone else feel like this. I always find myself googling things to

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Once you have your first panic attack, it seems like everything else comes tumbling down. In reality, nothing is tumbling down, but anxiety will make you think that. Even when anxiety is silent, you still tend to take notice of absolutely everything. One thing that you should never do is Google symptoms. I know it'shard not to, but trust me, it only makes anxiety worse.

You've had your tests done, and received good results. If you have a good doctor, trust him/her and focus on tackling the anxiety. Take the bull by the horns, so to speak.

• Posted

Jake

STOP GOOGLING.

Nothing generally comes of it, You will become very unhappy

If I did that I would be very upset and frightened and would run to the hills if I could, They are far to far away.

If you are concerned, see your GP or come back here.

I use NHS CHOICES and am very careful what I research 

Keep a hold, Leave Google alone, 

BOB

• Posted

jake welcome to severe anxiety.  likewise, 8mos ago i felt mentally drained from working two jobs for 4-5 years.  started losing interest in things i liked and just felt worn out mentally and physically.  but, physicaly felt fine.  then suddenly, i started feeling a little off balance like my head was heavy.  not dizzy but had this weird off balance feeling.  then noticed my fingers would twitch on their own...muscle spasm as well.  noticed i couldn't workout like a could either.  this threw me into a panic and then all the symptoms came on.  shortness of breath, tight throat, waking up out a dead sleep in panic gasping for air, the list goes on.  the worst of them all...tremors even when trying to sleep.  i quickly scheduled an appt with my doctor and he went through the test, blood work, mri, reflexes and neuro, but i was convinced it was something...lyme disease, parkinson's etc...after googling my symptoms.  fast forward 8mos later and i'm nowhere near severe and really just only deal with the off balance feeling that's not even close to the initial experience.  long story short i've always had generalized anxiety disorder and depression this go around.  i don't like medicating and understand the psych side to it although it's tough battling the mind.  after 8mos i naturally just stop caring about my symptoms...felt too tired to even deal with being tired and i believe this helped me mentally.  i wouldn't panic when i noticed a symtpom or felt weird.  and slowly all the symptoms have subsided or disappeared.  i've been forcing myself to sleep better, reduce caffeine intake drastically and started running twice a week and walking 2-3 as well.  the exercise has helped tremendously.  anyway, good luck.  in the end...it's worry that causes all the issues...worry causes anxiety and depression.  if you can manage your worry better...you should start improving.

• Posted

Jake

Don't Google things like that.. Googling your symptoms it just makes it worse.. I get dizzy myself. I hate it, I hate how I feel.

I hope things get better jake.

• Posted

This recently happened to me but it only lasted for a day it was like I was being possessed or something I had random mood changes from happy to sad to aggressive and mad and I've never got so angry for no reason in my life it was a scary experience and I can't quiet say it's over I'm still feeling a little bit weird.

• Posted

Also it started in the middle of the night. I was trying to sleep and all of a sudden my head felt really tight and I started looking around the room repeatedly and started to think I had a seizure and started feeling different from myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.