I feel like something is wrong but i have no answers

Posted , 7 users are following.

So lately I have felt even more weird, no panic attacks but just ill. I've had constant dizziness/lightheaded along with headaches and sometimes nausea for a few weeks now. This past week has been terrible I feel like my body is just ill i'm so spaced out I literally feel I could pass out any moment. I feel dizzy and tired and I feel scared the longer this is going on. I saw my gp yesterday who said my bp was normal and ears looked fine. He gave me serc to try as stemetil hasn't worked before for me. He just said to wait to see what neurology say next month and asked if I would go private but I said no because I cant afford it and he said well i've only got 5 or so weeks until my appointment so its not to long. I'm just so confused what's causing all this and I am worried it could be something neurological or an illness in general. I did have a CT scan in Oct 13 which was normal which is why my gp hasn't been so concerned because he said it would of detected something. I know I have anxiety but lately i've started to feel more positive and i've been exercising so I don't understand how I can feel so bad. Any advice would be appreciated.x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Moo88. Sorry to hear how you are feeling. This is EXACTLY the same as me and you are the first person I've found as such. Did the dizziness come on instantly one day? Mine came on at the click of fingers whilst in the library. Was moments from passing out. Since then it has been that way. I have seen 5 different GPs and all have suggested anxiety. tried lorazepam- no effect, propanolol- no effect. Am now on sertraline with diazepam when I need it. I feel like this is making me feel better. Are you similar? I was convinced it was anxiety physical illness but apparently just anxiety, however I've not had panic attacks
    • Posted

Hi Weeasy well i've always had dizziness on and off since i was little im 26 now but for years I had no problems until after I became pregnant and had my daughter 3 years ago and since then its been one thing after another. I get episodes where it will go for a week or 2 or even a little longer and although I still feel unbalanced and need to cling on to something in open spaces I'm not dizzy, but then when the dizziness comes back on it lasts daily for weeks on end with no break and I get headaches along side it not all of the time but still a lot. I'm currently not on any medication. Do you mean you feel better on medication? I did try Sertraline but It didn't agree with me I actually had a funny turn off it. Have you had any tests? I find it hard to do anything alone because of this because of feeling dizzy and ill. I feel like my body is just going to collapse to the floor but then it never does. The spaced out feeling is really bad at the moment to. My gp still is thinking its all anxiety also x
    • Posted

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I've had no blood tests but I've had ECG's, blood pressure, ears etc checked. Yes I feel better on medication. Perhaps go back to the doctors and explain the situation and what meds you have already tried and that they aren't working for you. In MOST circumstances You cannot physically pass out from anxiety, as it makes you more alert and raises your blood pressure- the opposite of passing out
  • Posted

Hi moo. I have every thing you said plus some tightnes on my face plus my speech goes funny no body can tell but I do.blurry vision too specially on left eye.does this ever happened to you?
    • Posted

Hi ten I do not get those except for my eyes can see after flashes and I find lighting to bright so I tend to sit with the lights out while at home. I do get twitches all over my body though including my face x
    • Posted

Twitches all over and specially on my face are the symptoms that never go away😞
  • Posted

Wow, this is exactly how I was. When my anxiety started getting better, and I wasn't really having panic attacks anymore, the physical symptoms of anxiety still stayed. I Felt like you described quite often. I feel dizzy lightheaded feeling like I was going to pass out exactly everything you said and Probaby Even more. At this point in my life I would say my anxiety is about 80 to 90% gone and I honestly can't even remember the last time I had a full-blown panic attack. However the physical symptoms remains. It doesn't make sense to me, I mean I know I still have anxiety , but I don't feel like it's enough to cause all of these weird physical symptoms I'm getting still. I'm sorry you're going through this it's very scary, but I selfishly got comfort from this post knowing that I wasn't alone, and I want you to know you're not alone too. I'm not sure what advice to give, But sometimes hearing that somebody else feels like you is comforting in itself. So I want you to know that I have and sometimes still do feel exactly how you have described. I hope you get better. Sending lots of hugs
  • Posted

Does any of you smoke cannabis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.