I feel SO alone and defeated.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes, I think why this happened to me. The pain is so unbearable sometimes that it is making me depressed. I feel like an old woman and I am ONLY 23 years old. I am too young for this. 

I have had this condition for 2 years and I can't do the activities that I love doing. 

I love ice skating and I can't do it.

I want to walk and run for hours but I can't do it sad

I am a Nurse and I am just too scared to start my career with this condition........... I don't think my body can handle the lifting and walking for long hours. 

sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel so sorry for you, I know how much the pain can get you down. I've had PF a couple of times it takes so long to go in some cases. I assume you've gone through all the usual advice from your GP.

Take heart it will get better but do talk to your GP about how depressed it's making you, you're not alone with this though.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice. smile I am very vocal about my pain and progress to my family. They are very supportive and understanding. They do know I get sad sometimes but I will tell them how I really really feel about this. Thank you. 
  • Posted

Hi Ness,

I can sympathise the pain is very depressing but at 63 we have to expect

these problems but not at 23. My pf was in the mornings as as soon as I started walking and resting was the only answer untill I used gel heelpads and started taking painkillers ( Indometacin ) for my Knee which also gives me problems unless I have had a steroid injection and that gives me a couple of months of reduced pain. I noticed the pf dissapeared and I now only get a twinge in the mornings just to remind me to keep doing the exercises to keep the calf's stretched. As you are on your feet all day the heel gel pads are a must and are only a couple of pounds on line.

I can now walk as far as my Knee allows and have even been skiing for a couple of weeks with a pf insole in my ski boots and that was painfree with my Knee in a brace to stablise it but skiing does not appear to agitate the knee like walking does.

My pf started when I retired from a job where I was on my feet most of the day and using ladders which I think kept the calfs stretched but on retiring I do not use ladders so the calfs tightened up.

Hope one of these helps you and rest for a couple of weeks would be good as yours sounds like a torn pf so rest is the only cure.

As many have said

• Posted

Thank you Chirstopher. You are so kind. I have not been getting pain a lot of pain lately because I am home most of the time and resting. Not walking a lot. However, my calf is still really tight especially in the morning. I do my usual routine and everyday stretches. I will not give up hope and still keep going. 
  • Posted

Thank you Chirstopher. You are so kind. I have not been getting pain a lot of pain lately because I am home most of the time and resting. Not walking a lot. However, my calf is still really tight especially in the morning. I do my usual routine and everyday stretches. I will not give up hope and still keep going. 

• Posted

I'm in my twenties as well so you are not alone.  Once I developed pf I also developed lower back pain.  The combination of these two things is very distressing.  It often prevents me from working out and has negatively impacted my employment.  Hopefully both of us can find something to help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.