i found out I have hsv 2 about 2 months ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had outbreaks and I was given medication. When I finished the pills i went back to check all was clear, After 2 days I have an outbreak, on my legs,hands, face , inside of the mouth. I use gloves so it is not a matter of me touching lesions. alllesions were covered.  i Had in two months about 5 outbreaks. I started taking 4g of Vitamin c, 10.000iu of vitamin d3 and 3g of l-lysine. My lesions stopped finally. Now I am taking loads Olive leaf extract. did anyone take these vitamins and did it help?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Genital herpes causes problems in the genital area, not all over your body. I would see a doctor, as that is something else entirely that you've got going on. Chicken pox, really bad shingles, something else?
    • Posted

s the viral infection (herpes( decided to attck my muscles it seems that it is in my blood and when ever it decides  i have lesions. Now im taking 4g vitamin c, 10000iu d3 and 4g l-lysine plus now i received green leaf extracts pills. let say i did not feel any muscle pain in my upper back muscle for a week since i started the vitamins plus lesions are drying
    • Posted

I honestly do not think this is herpes and you should seek a second medical opinion. How were you even diagnosed the first time, and by who? You asked elsewhere about testing, as if you hadn't been tested yet. Also, if you had such severe herpes in your blood (very uncommon, by the way), and are prone to that happening (even more unlikely), you would have been critically ill at the time and would not only be on herbal/natural supplements now.
    • Posted

i'm on aciclovir 800 a day for six months and still was getting outbreaks. Then i found that I can take the vitamins. So now im taking all together. The tests i did them in the GU clinic and they did PCR DNA swabbing testing from all my lesions. It is very uncomon I know, but if. you look it up myocardatis one of the viral infection is herpes 6. my immune system is very low. 
    • Posted

Wow, if your face and other non-genital lesions all tested positive by swab for HSV-2, then I don't know what to say, except that is exceptionally unusual and atypical. Not heard of such a severe case on here. You might want to consider upping your dosage or switching to valacylovir 500 mg x 2 daily. You can also try Westover Heights' online Q&A service (nominal fee) for specific HSV advice.
    • Posted

400 mg acyclovir twice daily is for suppressive therapy, but if you feel something coming on still, you can up it to the episodic therapy dosage (probably not advisable to stay on that dosage long-term, though). However, it might be better to just try valacylovir at the dosage I mentioned previously, since acyclovir does not seem to be working too well for you, not if you've been having multiple outbreaks while on it.
    • Posted

Hang on. Are you saying you had viral myocarditis due to HHV-6? How does that relate to HSV-2? Same family of viruses, sure, but not herpes simplex.
    • Posted

my hospital report said i had myocarditis due to herpes. I checked whilst in hospital when they told me i had myocarditis that i never heard of this. then when i checked on internet it said that nyocardtis one of the viral infection is herpes 6. so the report said i had myocarditis due to herpes. it never mentioned herpes 6 (no idea what that means) Mind you at the age of 41 i got chicken pox and the way it reacted on me was bad. I was hospitilized for 6 days having lesions from my head to my toe that including my stomach and lungs, which i was out of breath, for two days.
    • Posted

so if u have an idea why this virus is attacking me so bad tell me. today i had another outbreak on my lips (mouth) im increasing 400mg

then i see how my body reacts. my plls are 800 so i split then in half. now im gonna take extra today 400mg  so i see. how my outbreak  reacts.

• Posted

i really need help as here where i live they r like in a land of there own
    • Posted

I am still concerned about the all-over nature of your symptoms, the general ineffectiveness of the meds, your HSV-2 diagnosis and herpes myocarditis. Doesn't seem to add up. Are you able to get a copy of your results for everything recently?

Once you have your results, you can either post the key results here or via the Westover Heights Q&A forum (costs a small fee). The latter, while not free, gives you direct access to a well-known herpes expert (Terri Warren). You can ask her any 3 questions you want at a time. Very useful service, although I read she is planning to retire.

• Posted

i know i checked that site there is a fee yes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.