I had an uti

Posted , 4 users are following.

After going to the er being treated for an uti....im down to 4 antibiotics nd i still have the same symptoms as i did when i first went in....blood still in urine pressure still on my bladder....only difference is that i pee every 15 to 20 minutes....only drops ......HELPPPPPPP

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

well do you have a gp ? or definitely, go back to ER, asap, nowdays, you are responsible for your own health, dr,s too busy, you must persist, obviously this infection not responding to antibiotic you  were given, go back demand attention to this matter !

• Posted

Hi, same thing was happening to me. It could be any of these things, or anything else:

Kidney stones

Bladder stones

Stricture in one of the two urine tubes

An antibiotic resistant UTI

Cystitis

Kidney disease

Kidney Infection

Cysts in the kidneys or any other part of the pelvic area

There may also be some other issues causing this. Your doctor should send you to a urologist if you are still having symptoms with no improvement.

• Posted

Thank erroneous.... I got some different antibiotics two days ago nd the bleeding has stopped.... I was so scared my doc was talking I may have bladder cancer.... I go see a urologist on the 13th...
    • Posted

Yeah blood in the urine could mean bladder cancer but it can also be a number of other (less scary things) things that are more common.

Hope the antibiotics continue to work and that you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.