I had bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery, I have been off work for over 7 months due to total l

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my first surgery in May the second one in July. I have been in therapy for since August for strengthen, but have not made any progress. My grip has decrease and my strength in both hands. I developed a small cyst in one of my wrist. Now my pinkie and ring finger go numb on both hands. Doctor says it is cubit tunnel sydrome. My hands and forearm will aches so bad at times , that I can't use my hands at all. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS AFTER HAVING CTS SURGERY.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would find a new surgeon and request a second opinion...big warm hug
    • Posted

any time....if you know something is wonky,it is always a good thing to seek a second opinion...
  • Posted

Have you been referred to Occupational Health?  I am really surprised that there aren't any alternative duties you could do?  Either part-time or in a different role perhaps?

• Posted

Yeah.. I am still having a lot of nerve issues... Thank for your reply.. Have a wonderful holiday..
  • Posted

I wonder if the problem was the ulnar nerve where it passes through the elbow.
    • Posted

Yea.. It is the ulnar nerve .. My doctor ran test and both arms show cubital that it is compressed in the elbow. I have surgery on the right one in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your reply.. Have a wonderful Holiday..
    • Posted

I have had both elbows released and it was an immediate relief.

Hope it is immediate relief for you.

hugs

• Posted

Glad to hear.. Because I will mostly have the other one done in new year.. Pray I have the same results.. Thanks...😁

• Posted

it is so minimally invasive, soft tissue, couple of stitches, maybe both together....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.