I had temporal artery biopsy today

Posted , 4 users are following.

Due to the polymyalgia I had to have a biopsy done of my temporal artery to see if I have that giant cell arteritis. The procedure was a nightmare. The surgeon was cutting too deep and the artery wasn't that deep. I didn't have enough deadening and he just kept digging way deeper than he needed to. I had a drape over my head and they couldn't hear me say how bad it was hurting. He worked over me for 2 hours before finding it more superficial. If you get one make sure your doctor knows what he is doing. Very bad experience. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

so sorry to hear youve had such a bad experience at hospital during your biopsy. you could put in a complaint, as they should make sure the patient is comfortable and in no pain? discomfort not very proffessional by the sugeon performing it. take care 
  • Posted

what a shame that is horrific stay strong and keep your chin up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.