I HATE......

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone have any pet hates?  Since having PMR I hate washing my hair,  dusting, ironing.  Mind you I've always hated ironing!

Oh!  Another one.  People saying "you look so well"😡

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I hate anything that uses energy I haven't got.

I don't look well so don't have that problem, of people saying 'you look well'.

I hate my hamster cheeks that are Beakon red in colour!!!

• Posted

i totally get that I have zero energy. Protein shakes helps sunshine helps but for a small period of time. Then gotta rest and start the cycle all over.

chronic illness is not for sissies😐

• Posted

Just washed my hair and it's one of my pleasures. It soothes the stiff bit where my head joins my neck. 

Ironing.... never do it; I'm an expert folder and stretcher. Dusting 50/50. It gets done when absolutely necessary. But the " You look so well"  YES. I have a normally bony face so the Pred cheeks transformed me. I hated them.

• Posted

Better you make a good point never iron who does these days any way. Some things just gotta go. 

I have a fav helpful itobot roomba vacuum and Irobot floor washer. Now waiting for a itobot duster! 🤗

• Posted

Funny story... my friend who has a Rumba was running her Rumba not realizing that the dog had pooped on the floor and the Rumba ran over the poop and then spread it all over the floor.
  • Posted

Too true. Because you look ok people do not realise how tired and sore you really are. As regards hair,I like you hate washing mine as it is now so fine. This is hard for me as I had really thick hair until I had to start taking Prednisolone.

Since I started taking a folic acid tablet daily my hair is not falling out so much,but the funny thing I'd the new growth is quite wavy .

Sympathise re the ironing Constance. Try doing it in small bouts.

• Posted

Wavy hair is a good thing . You can go without the hassle of curling it. 

Im gonna try folic acid. My hair has fallen out by handfuls. It's always clogging the grain when Imwash it.😭👎

• Posted

Mmmm.....people saying you look good.......that would actually make me relieved.....imagine looking like we feel.....lol

we all get it.....so thanks pmr for not making me look haggard. So when we finally beat this bloody awful affliction, we will look even better because we will be smiling....hang in there...... smile

• Posted

It's like the dumb comments I get when parking in handicapped.,you look ok to me so is that really your handicap plaque. 

then all my friends have totally ignored ny condition. I tell them and they change the subject like I never even shared my illness. 

I have help help my good frien out when her hubby had a stroke bring meals daily and grocery shopping doing errands for her befor Imgotnsick. Other friends taking care of their animals for years while they go on vaca. 

No no that I am sick they are nowhere to be found. Not even I phone call to see how I am.. 

its all karma in the end. 

• Posted

Well I'm going to sound disgusting happy but I try not to hate the things in my life. But I've been in pain for a very long time and I've had a lot of therapy. There are a lot of things I cannot do not just because of the PMR. I haven't been able to do them for a long time because of my back problem. The PMR definitely made my life that much harder and more painful. But I'm not willing to sit here and think about what I hate about my life. Sorry.

• Posted

I think there is a big difference between being bitter and letting off steam with a good rant. 
    • Posted

Didn't think the people on here would take it seriously - was hoping for a few laughs!!

My life is good, and I haven't an illness which is life threatening so I am happy.

Don't worry about the moonface, girls, it disappears after a while - then, of course, all your wrinkles show - which is worse?😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.