I have a benign bilary stricture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my 3rd ercp last Friday and they had to stent my bile duct they put two stents in called a pigtail stent and they found this problem does anyone else have this ? Help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes.  I do.  I had several ERCPs as I am generating a large amount of gallstones even though I had my gallbladder surgically rev=moved more than 30 years ago.  This large amount of gallstones started after they did a small incision to allow gallstones to pass through the bile duct.  Given that I am generating large amount of stones, the decision was to put 2 stents in.  We have been replacing them every 3 months and every time, there was some 10 gallstones or so.  I had one done 10 days ago.  What is the frequency that you have been changing the stents and are there any gallstones found when they change the stents?  If so, do you know how many?  Finally, have they recommended any other alternatives ?  

We did plenty of tests.  No root cause was found.  No other alternatives has yet been identified except changing stents regularly.

• Posted

I'm new to the gallbladder issue I can't answer that question for you but I will definately ask about it as well as the first time I ever even had an attack was this past tues August 23 2016 first time known to me on gallstones multiple mobile stones .

• Posted

Hi Hun I had my gallbladder removed Feb 2015 I've had problems ever since stones in my liver etc I've had multiple admissions to hospital so many tests that until now had shown nothing this is caused my injury during surgery they kept saying they didn't know why I had so much pain in

• Posted

Hi Natalie wow that's awful I'm scared as I never had this and any organ that failed wasn't a scheduled appointment for me . Had my tonsils out as a kid then emergency appendix busted in me . My family doctor just retired July 31 2016 . I have fibromyalgia chronic pain from 2 car accidents and I slipped at a grocery store slipped disc bulged disc and it pinched the nerve in my left leg . Today I have burning feeling now in my back my ribs on left side hurt and I feel like something in left side like a mass or something hanging in there upper pins and needles no chest pain but sore but I did sit in the hospital 14 straight hours solid crippling pain it got to the point of where I couldn't walk to them when they called my name and they did nothing except wait until I was at the point of shaking cold hot felt nausea so they gave me z shot for pain told me go home ultrasound dept closed have to come back tomorrow that's when they said 8 hours later waiting for results multiple mobile gallstones

• Posted

Hi Hun not all gallbladder stories are nightmare ones millions of people have there's removed and don't have an issue I'm just one of the unlucky ones, the pain is awful but until you are told you have complications try not to think the worst I can answer any questions to try to help try to stay positive I know it's hard 🤒

• Posted

Thanks Natalie I am a very positive person so to hear you say that makes me feel good . I hope your pain minimizes some how . Thanks
    • Posted

Natalie I have a question is it or do you think it's wise to take laxitive it's liquid so you dont bind up from Tylenol 2 or not good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.