I have a medical condition " Neurofibroma flexiforme ". There is a rapid growth on shoulder.

Posted , 2 users are following.

neurofibroma flexiforme is expanding on my right shoulder and its painfull when touched and have itching in that area. Planning to get it removed surgically.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Mine is on the top of my ankle...the great news is that it is benigh.

While I have chosen to live with mine on an ankle...a shoulder, I would request excision.

What has your surgeon explained to you about the excision?

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

I am still on my way to consult multiple doctors, one on the doctor said like he will remove the neurofibromatosis and will cover that area with thight skin.

It is critical task.

I Have not mesured the impacted area, but i think it is grown 3 inch above nornal body level and expanded to an area which covere my right neck and complete shoulder until back. And 40% arm also covered.

Hoping to find a.good Doctor.

By the way i am.based out of.INDIA.

• Posted

Hi Mkhan,

Perhaps you have a medical school associated with a university that has a medical center....Mumbai surely has a university with a medical school with a medical center...do you have Google in India?

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.