I have a problem with my laboratories test . i need clear answer please

Posted , 4 users are following.

just I want to consult you in something and I need a answer from you please ...

me and my partner we had a pre-marriage blood test , we are in Kuwait .

I want to know from you is it ok to get married me and my partner if we are both have the sickle cell anemia trait

please I want from you an detailed answer to be in clear situation because no one here in Kuwait gave as an clear answer

only we got that you cannot marry !!! I didn't see any problems beacause we are not having the disease !!!

and if we got married there is a dangerous in our babies in the future or not

and what is the real complications of being sickle cell anemia disease ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes I advise you to stop this marrige because there is a big chance to have babies with sickle cell disease and this will be disaster for you and your partner and it is very painful for the babe and affect the whole society ,,, it is better to stop this marrige or to not have babies

regarde

• Posted

Parents who both carry the sickle cell trait have a 25% chance of having sickle cell anaemia. Whilst there has been some advance in treatment the average age of death is still very young. There will be constant crisis periods with hospital stays. My friend died age 13 of this so it's very serious. 
    • Posted

I meant 25% chance of having a baby with sickle cell anaemia. 
  • Posted

Dear bodour, I am sorry for your fustration, it must be very difficult! I cannot advise you on marriage regulations in Kuwait, as I am in another country, but it is true that there is a danger (risk) for your babies in the future. There is no risk to you and your partner just to be married.

If you have babies together, jenny's reply is right, there is a 25% (1 in 4) chance that any baby will have sickle cell disease, which in spite of modern treatment, is painful and not curable.

You have several options which you might want to discuss with your partner and your doctor. Please forgive me if any of these options are not ones you would ever consider, for religious or personal reasons. You could:

- choose not to have children

- choose to adopt

- choose to have babies by in vitro fertilization or artificial insemination from a known non-sickle cell carrier (the baby would be the biological child of only one of you)

- choose to have babies with your partner by in vitro fertilization, and have the embryos tested for sickle cell disease before implantation (this is possible and not difficult in a large hospital), only implant and carry to term the embryos which have no sickle cell disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.