I have a reactive HBsAg, please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a fresh graduate and I was looking for a job then found one, I was hired and before I could start they wanted to get my medical result first. They told me I won't be able to get the job anymore since my result in HBsAg was reactive. In the medical it says "3516.26 S/CO; The Cut-Off value reported for this assay cannot be correlated to an end-point titer; rechecked and verified." Is my Hepa B chronic? And can I still get a job even though I am now a carrier of this disease? I am really depressed now it's like I've wasted 4 years of studying sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Livvy24,

I truly understand how you feel. But, please don't lose hope. Trust in God , that something might have been designed for you in a better way. What is important now is your health and l

• Posted

A job that involves exposure prone procedures is a no no for you. But other jobs in healthcare should be available to you depending on the employer and any medical or health questions that are part of the selection process. Don't give up applying.
  • Posted

get into a liver clinic and get on anti viral treatment for the HBV and it should become undetectable while,keeping you healthy as possible 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.