I have a toothache, my back teeth have broken and exposed the nerve.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have had a toothache my back teeth (molars i think) have broken and i think the dentist said the nerve has exposed. I was issued with some painkills, ibroprufeun (cant spell it) and anit-biotics. I can go through the pain it's too much, they said that i have to wait 2-3 weeks for the bliming appointment at the hospital. How can they expect me to go through that pain for 2-3 weeks? Mornings are the worst time of day and ontop of that my mom is going on holiday in 2 weeks therefor I have to wait 4 weeks in total for her to come back so i can have my appointment sad, Is it possible for me to go to the hospital as an emergenecy, will they be able to pull out my teeth on that day or the next? that's what the dentist said that i need my teeth out. Please can anyone tell me some tips that can stop the pain instantly and if i can go to the hospital with this tooth and get it pulled out it hurts alot i've never experienced such pain and for 2-3 weeks i wont live.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

first off forget hospital get to a real dentist or even dental clinic,, and dont let anyone pull your teeth ,, save whatever u can ,, once teeth are gone thet stay gone unless you are millonaire and can implant and thats no walk in the park ,trust me ,,, easy for them and  their bank accounts,,, also insane letting someone walk arround with pain especailly with back molars ,,, get to emergency dental and scream till they either yank that tooth or route canal and take that lousy son of bitch nerve and route canal it ,, its not going to stop hurting ,, it can drive u nuts ,,, that infected route and nerve has gotta go ,,, screw hospital they are doctors not dentists 
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice, but will i be put to sleep or will they numb my teeth because when i went to the dentist they took x-ray scans of my teeth and sent it to the hospital it hurts alot and i was told the teeth needs to come out to be honest whatever stops the pain is best for me. So i should go to an emergency dental and make then pull it out? also what is a route canal or what does it do all i know im in a lot of pain and distress the day is bearable since i can take pills after i've taken some but in the mornings it's the worst mornings of my life.
    • Posted

you should get a dentist ,, a route canal is a procedure they do to save a tooth ,, unless its so far gone ,,if its in the back and u cant afford route canal because they sort of rip u off some dentists are theives ,, not all but many are ,,, i suggest rip that tooth out and end the misery ,, but in near future get a decent dentist and save as many teeth possible ,, they will either numb area with injection novacaine ,, then yank tooth ,, all pain should cease 
    • Posted

i see alot of people coming from dentist with alot of pain though after getting their tooth ripped out so i trust doctors idk i might go to a dentist cause the pain is unbearable and sadly i think my tooh is to far gone it's like half broken it's spikes of teeth sticking out of the gum it even feels like it's cutting my tongue sometimes but i think it's only one or two teeth which needs pulling out, so dentist is the best option? and how much will the pain be after they pull out the tooth.
    • Posted

NOTHING COMPARED TO THE PAIN U WILL HAVE IF YOU DONT PULL IT OUT ,,, NEVER GO TO A AUTO MECHANIC IF YOU NEED A CARPENTER,, DOCTORS FIX BODIES NOT TEETH ,,, AND ONCE TOOTH IS PULLED U WILL FEEL LIKE U JUS TT WON LOTTO ,,, ITS NOTHING TO PULL BAD TOOTH ,, TRUST ME I HAD MORE CRAP DONE IN MY MOUTH THROUGH OUTHE YEARS ,, AND ALL THE DENTISTS TOOK A HUGE PART OF MY BANK ACCOUNT ,, SOME DID  GREAT WORK ,, AND SOME THEM  I WISH WOULD  LOOSE ALL THEIR TEETH ,, 
    • Posted

Ok thank you for your advice :D I will go to a dentist and get this pulled out as quick as possible cause the pain is too much thanks again.
    • Posted

I went to an Emergency visit to my endodontist after a weekend of severe pain.  He did everything to save the tooth, but it has lost so much bone that he could no longer do root canal on it and so I have to have my tooth extracted; I can feel that it is also very slightly loose.  But, for now, since the infection has healed, it feels OK and am trying to hold onto it for as long as I can.  I don't have the heart to extract the tooth, when it's fine.  But my dentist says that tooth is a ticking time bomb and could flare up again at any time.  Until that time comes, I can't remove it.  Silly, I know.

But, I have a consult with my periodontist this week, and I can successfully place an implant in there (it's a big molar) I'll feel better about extracting it.  You don't have to have a lot of money to do an implant if you have insurance; they helped me out a lot after my last implant.  I just don't want to have this huge hole in my mouth!!!

• Posted

Before you have it removed, if you have an infection THAT has to be cleared up prior to your removing the tooth (I/ve already been told this by my dentist, etc).  So, you will likely be told to go throug another round of antibiotics and clean out the infection prior to removal.   This should eliminate the pain and you will be ready for extraction.
  • Posted

Hi starslicksim i feel ur pain i really do im currently waiting for hospital letter due to fear of dentist and i only have 4 teeth that doesnt need something doing to it. I am waiting to get an app to get sudated rather than put to sleep where im gettin 5teeth pulled 3fillings and all remaining teeth a good scale and pollish!! I have a massive phobia of the dentist. So i really do feel for u, i spent nearly 2hrs shaking crying panicing for them to refer !e to dental hosp as they tried numbing and numbing me but i could still feel the pressure etc. Now that particular tooth tney tried taking has since broke away in 2halves leavin nothing but root making it the 4th in my mouth to do so. So i have 2 left 2right both bottom side just being root and i have one at right side that has a fleshy kinda bit sticking thru the tooth in middle which i only persume is the nerve as it causes thee worst pain!! I have 4 children and i can quite happily say id do them all over again than the pain of toothache lol!! But if your dentist scraping past just, tell them that you camnot have it took out with the normal freezing procedure especially if it like mines and tooth level with gum and theyd have to cut gum to get tooth out(makes me sick and cringe just thinking about it) but if you aint a big pain person like me i cant stand it what so ever and i dread this sudated thing as i will just feel like im out of it drunk and after they done ill feel like that fpr at least 24hrs after so need co stamt care. But at least that way the pain will be gone,obv after a few days as getting 5 teeth out and 3 fillings and rest polished so will be a tiresom process bit worth it. Go for whatever will make u painless the fastest as i have weeks yet b4 i get hosp letter yet. X
  • Posted

Dear Starlickssim

sorry to hear of your dental problem, sounds like the infection is severe. the dentist usually puts you on antibiotics for at least a week.

They cannot touch your broken tooth whilst it is still infected.Ask your dentist for a quicker appointment /or search online for another dentist, not sure if they will give a hospital appointment for a tooth extraction  or/root canal treatment  depending on what your Dentist advises.

My dentist did not want me to go to hospital for my extraction and root canal treatment. Dont suffer in silence

• Posted

It sounds painful, your right it's probably not saving. Many denits will not pull broken teeth in their office they send you to a oral surgeon.  I used a,green teabag poultice to relieve my pain.

• Posted

So long as it's your back teeth, yank em. I've spent 1800 fixing a tooth only for it to fall apart a few years later. DO NOT smoke or suck a straw until the pulled tooth is healed or you will feel massive pain.

Go to the hospital if you can't handle the pain, and they can give you a nerve block. This lasts 24 hours, and you will look and feel like you have lost all muscle on the one side of your face. IT HURTS! think of a bbq skewer sized needle going through the most painful parts of your mouth and tooth pain, by someone who doesn't usually do this.,and no topical freezing. DO NOT MOVE AWAY, it hurts like heck, but if you move, it may be pain do nothing if he misses the spot.

Only people with dental plans, do not understand the feeling. I've been tempted to get dentures so to never feel this pain again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.