I have an itchy anus ... Please help me!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 30 year old woman and I have the stitching and it gets way worse at night and I don't know what to do ... I've looked inside and noticed my rectum is changing colors and I feel little Bumps please if anyone out there is experiencing the same Issues let me know what to do I have so many questions what about sex with my boyfriend? And I and scratching i scratch so much sometimes and so harde that I make it bleed... Please let me know I've been using Butt wipes but I find that the itch comes back at night.... Is there anything I can use or try

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh how i sympathise with you, had this problem for years now, like you worse at night, yep scratching, know i shouldnt driving me crazy and nothing cures it. Hope someone does give a reply to this one i really do, changing colour too. all around the area. went to the doctors last year, gave me some ointment which after applying actually gives me a severe attack of itching. suppose i should go back, have you been to yours yet?
    • Posted

No I have not been... I feel so upset and no one has the answers..... It's like this terrible secret..... I hate it.... I wish I new what to do .... If someone is out there Maybey they have some insight to this dilemma.
  • Posted

I too have suffered with this for 15 years. Recently I have found some relief by eliminating beef and then dairy products from my diet. The itching disappeard for several months. Also taking a fiber supplement helps to. The drier your stool the better it seems to be. I believe that what we are experiencing is a bacterial infection that may be caused either from our gut biome or possibly the normally harmless biome on our skin. The bacteria may colonize the anal fissures and tender skin around the anus. My belief comes from personal experience, I was at work and had to go! I prefer to wait until I get home as I am sure you all prefer to do for obvious reasons. Anyway shortly after the itching became so intense I used the only thing at hand to cleanse the area. Hand sanitizer. Yeah it was pretty painful for a few moments. However the itching stopped immediately and did not return. I would not recommend it as a treatment, it does leave one very tender for a while. But the absence of the itch is well worth the effort. I have used neosporin and an over the counter hydrocortisone cream as well. All work to some degree. Best of luck.
    • Posted

Thank you Brian, ill try anything! Remember reading about a guy who used something which stung so bad afterwards he was nearly in tears but hey it worked, no more itchiness, cant remember what it was but sure sounded painfull.
  • Posted

lew417

there is no quick and easy answer to this.  i spent days reading through all the threads here and taking notes of what to try it was a lot of work but if you're desperate enough that's what you have to do.

This is what i was doing and got relief but unfortunately it comes back...

Aloe Vera straight from the plant

Coconut oil

Penitin baby diaper rash cream (cuz it contains the zinc and witch hazel)

A friend suggested Ozonol ointment

I did get relief doing those but the itchy butt thing came back again recently with a vengeance so i had to go see the dr again.  Got a prescription for Lotriderm (betamethasone dipropionate - clotrimazole)and it has helped a lot however i do not want to continue using this stuff longterm so I continue to search out how to get rid of it once and for all.

This dr said it's FUNGAL.

also just went to a fellow that practices Tradional Chinese Medicine and got some liquid herbs (Yin care) it is soothing .. you might want to look it up .... got to try anything and everything!!!!

Most importantly it's finding the cause so we can avoid getting this horrible horrible itch.  Good Luck ... and make sure you come back and tell us if you've had success.

• Posted

Started again as always yesterday, found a tube of aloe vera gel,from Holland and barretts, put it in fridge, dab some of this into the area, it really gives some instant relief!
  • Posted

As susan556 and others have said .... cold seems to bring more relief.  I am also doing "sitz baths" ... i have a basin in the bathtub that i fill with warm water and Epsom salts .. three times a day for about 15 mins. (when ever possible) once i had it too hot and quickly put more cold water into the basin and immediately it seemed to bring more relief.  In other threads here people put "ice packs" on their butts but that just seems too awkward when its your anus your're trying to get at?  But there is def. something about the 'cold' vs hot or warm ... i also have a tube of aloe in the fridge but most times i use it fresh from the plant,
  • Posted

Be reassured we are among thousands who suffer with this sort of thing every day. It sounds like Ani pruritus, but the bumps you mention could be a number of things. Go to your GP doctor, that's what they are there for and they pop a finger up some unfortunate patient very often indeed. You need to know for sure what the bumps are.

On a general point keeping it really clean and dry, whilst being super gentle, will help no matter what. Sometimes dry toilet paper is too aggressive, water's perfect, but I find a cleansing gel on toilet tissue is perfect. The gel is natural and specially made with seaweed & aloe, tea tree & lavender for this purpose, it's sold on-line.

Really hope you get relief soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.