I have been Depressed for 4 weeks and I have a Chronic headache due to fear of HiV

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had unprotected sex with a girl whose status she confirmed to be clear .after a week I was cought with a sore throat n it became a cough which lasted for two weeks .I googled for HIV symptoms and I freaked out .Anxiety & depression killed me at that moment ,the following week my right knee cap started to inch and turned to be pain but I was able to move a distance to school buh feeling a little heat ,I decided to visit a New start centre to get tested n I was negative but my knee was still in pain and it lasted for 2 weeks .with the feeling of being guilty and axienty I couldnt sleep for more than 4 hours the whole night and here I am I was caught with a headache which is constant but I cannot concentrate or read on anything and I have been critising my self for the whole week and I m not sleeping enough ,the headache is getting worse.I Broke up with the girl whom I think she has HIV and when I tried to tell her she told me to spare her.its been 6 six days feeling this headache ,please any advice I am freaking out ,feeling like my life is over

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

At the moment the biggest reason toubare feeling so ill is because you are so stressed and not sleeping.

If you have been tested did they give you any specific advice? What their thoughts were on your symptoms etc? Typically the just any tests they do by a finger prick won't show up positive until after 3 months of contracting HIV. Did you have he finger prick test of the full blood test?

Also why do you think this girl has HIV? Has she ever been tested?

• Posted

If you have the blood test in your arm is that the 1 that shows up 11 days to 1 month window period please?
    • Posted

The girl don't want to get tested and she said she will never get tested until marriage

• Posted

See, the early HIV symptoms (flu, sore throat etc) are pretty broad and are common with anyother viral infection. You must refrain from a slef diagnosis by looking up on the internet. 

• Posted

Thank you for your advices .I appreciate .but today I tried to talk to the girl about being tested and she was like a lion to me ,she told me not talk to her again and my heart is beating again .anywhere for the past 4 days I have been relaxing on my mind and my headache is getting better only my neck veins hard to twist and blurred vision sometimes
  • Posted

Thank you for your response .I have been trying to relax and let it go and its been 4 days I m having better sleeping hours.my headache has improved only my Neck veins gives me a blured vision if I try to twist my neck
  • Posted

It's really a waiting game when getting tested for HIV. It could take you at least 6 months to a year to know if you're really positive or negative. I know it's hard not to freak out. I've been in your situation. But I just waited and found out I was freaking out for nothing after testing 4 times in a year I am HIV Negative and now in a monogamous relationship. Always be on the safe side. Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.