I have been depressed for years and been diagnosed with psychosis wrongly in my eyes please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have been depressed for years and about a year ago got diagnosed with psychosis but I think I have been wrongly diagnosed basically I thought people where or are spreading rumours about me that could put me and my family in danger shouting things up to me looking through my windows and once jump my back fence I never left my house for ages before this so maybe they thought I Was weird or somthink it got bad so my mom got the doctors out they diagnosed me with psychosis without investigating my claims just because my mom and her partner never used to hear anythink but they were always being loud and my mom's hearing isn't the best they nearly locked me up in hospital my mom said she would care for me so they didn't and we ended up getting a move my mom still drives through my old area and recently I noticed a man looking through my windows in the new house my mom seems to think that it's nothing and so does my mental health worker my grandad is also in hospital which makes things worse I feel like I can't go up to see him I'm scared to leave my house I stay up till 5 in the morning incase someone breaks in I'm scared for my life and never been 1 to go to the police can anyone give me some advice would be welcome

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

• Posted

judging by your description it sounds a bit like psychosis due to the fear you were feeling and paranoid thoughts.  I hope you feel better soon.

richard

• Posted

Thanks for replying that's what The doctor said but the rumours they have been spreading are enough to make anyone ill or in fear if it's not in my head I hope I have got psychosis that's how bad I feel especially the area ppl getting killed in there own homes and constant fights outside really not pleasentn people
  • Posted

Go back to your doctor and get re checked
    • Posted

Yh I think that's a good idea maybe a doctor i havnt seen before for a second opinion
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist who diagnosed you?
    • Posted

Yh they did but they done it in like 20 mins without taking into consideration what I was saying to them basicly just said that I was crazy in a nice way an put me on meds and I feel evryone I have seen since them has just looked at the blokes notes I'm guessing and thinks what I'm saying is delusional but what if I'm right an somthink bad happens I hope I am crazy because can't live with this fear I feel like I'm not getting taken serious I believe strongly that I am not crazy I feel like I have no way out and that No one can help me any suggestions would be welcome thanks for replying by the way
    • Posted

Did it change anything after you took medicine? What was the name of your pills?
    • Posted

only 20 minutes?

what kind of doctor was it?

• Posted

I started on 20 mg of olanzapine I think that's how u spell it but I put a lot of weight on realy fast I asked them to change them and they put me on ariprazol again not sure of spelling 15 mg the olanzapine just mad me feel zonked out to 5 he point were I felt better but like a zombie no way to live the ariprazol also helped but they also help with depression and anxiety I stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago I felt better until I seen someone look through my window made me feal like I have been followed which h append a few days back
    • Posted

You need doctor, you have a problem, this kind of medicine will make u gain some weight but u can learn to control it, but without medicine u can get worse ...so dont deley, go to see a doctor. Take care
    • Posted

There's place called north croft by me there was 2 mental health nurses a doctor who took my bloods and another doctor I'm guessing was a psychiatrist he was high in the food chain in what he does because he had the power to section me which nearly happen if it wernt for my mother I had my gp come out to my house before this who referred me to them but yh 20 minutes 30 minutes they came to the decision
    • Posted

I was hoping to see a doctor from the people who come to see me without looking at my notes and jus going from the start on how it started if not I was hoping to save some money and pay for a private psychiatrist to get to the bottom of it I realy think im sain just dressed and anxious with panic attacks and don't want to take the wrong meds I'm all for meds just don't want anti psychotics if I'm wrongly diagnosed
    • Posted

I'm all for taking medication I'm open to anythink but if I'm taking antipsychotic and I have been wrongly diagnosed could that be bad for me what if it's just deep depression and anxiety and panic attacks thanks for replying
    • Posted

I use videos called asmr requests to get to sleep but apart from that no I find it therapeutic to help other people who are going through simular things by passing the info I have learned from professionals that help me cope better with my depression I realy want to help people even though it's hard to help myself at times I am using all my will power to get through this and to try to do things when I am fully better 1 day hopefully I would like to train to help people that are going through simular things as me that's what keeps me going
    • Posted

For sure, I understand that competely. I also find it theraputic to help others. 

I'm considering online therapy myself right now, but it's a hard decison.

Would you be open to trying online therapy?

• Posted

Yh I am open to anythink that can help me mate what does it involve is it a youtube thing ?
    • Posted

I think you should give it a go mate can't hurt to try it may work may not but it's worth a shot
    • Posted

for sure, it might be a good idea.

There is a website, they offer therapy online.

Do you think I should do it?

• Posted

I think face to face to face therapy would be better personally you can find online therapy on some youtube videos but if you don't find the videos helpful or you can't get out to do face to face and it's a legit site then go for it mate
    • Posted

I want face to face, but the waiting list means I cant get an appointment until late in June.

Is there a waiting list there?

• Posted

On youtube there is no waiting list type in therapy for depression anxiety a bunch of videos will come up you should be able to find one that helps
    • Posted

Exercise at least 30 mins a day at least get fresh air country walks if you feel up to it eat healthy I find helps aswell confide in family and friends go for walks get out your house as much as you can stay active

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.