I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia 4 months ago and I received first session of botox injA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia 4 months ago and I have received my first session of botox injections.is it safe to combine it with clonazepam medication as I noticed my botox injection seems no beneficial as this was 7 days past..need someadvice.tnx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you're on Facebook you can join the support group for cervical dystonia. Ask your question on there it's a brilliant group. I have CD with dystonic Timor, I take clonazepam and propranolol combo which keeps it under control x

• Posted

Tnx Tezes for the info.My CD seems not improving,I did also try combination of clonazepam and carbamazepine. Buy nothing happens

• Posted

I also have cervical dystonia and receive Botox injections. As it is your first treatment you would have received a low amount of Botox until the neurologist finds the correct dose for you. Clonazepam will help with the spasms and with sleeping.
    • Posted

Hi Allison,how many times now did you receive botox injection and how many units did you receive?are u still on oral meds after botox?really my CD is killing me softly I can't do properly my daily routines.

• Posted

I've had 3 Botox injections at 12 week intervals. 1st 200mgs, 2nd and 3rd 400mgs. Will increase next appointment. Clonazepam has also helped my tremors in other parts of my body

• Posted

Hi Jayson,

I would have answered you before since you're basically taking what I have.

I suffer from Cervical Dystonia and Generalised Dystonia, for the past 30 years or more - not the ideal life, I must admit.

I have 6 Botox injections every 10 weeks - 2 either side of my neck and 2 more in my shoulder. I am also on Clonazepam twice a day. Along with many other drugs. Clonazepam is used to slow the brain signals down, if I remember correctly.

As regards to your question stating you feel no effect from the Botox, - you really need to look up Botox and how it works, it is not an instant release medication by far.

BOTOX is an injection that takes approximately 10-14 days after being administered to have any effect on you. It then stays in your system roughly for 6-8 weeks then you notice it weariing off. This is why I have it every 10 weeks, 2 week cut-in, 6 weeks Botox in my system, then 2 weeks it wears off period. Hence, I have the Botox again!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Les,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.