I have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism since last year ending of July 2014.battled with hyperthy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have battled with hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism since last year July 2014.but for the past two months this year my thyroid level are normal. I started with tapazole 60 MG but today I take 25 MG .there is something funny my eyes are still swollen , i have added weight ,feel sleepy but still have normal lab.does anyone feel the same way.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If your thyroid levels are normal you are on a very high dose of meds. I'm on one 5mg tablet every other day now as I went hypothyroid and with your symptomatic it sounds like you are too. I'd get your meds double checked as soon as possible.
  • Posted

Hi Margaret. I understand that selenium supplements will reduce the eye puffiness and Magnesium will reduce your fatigue. Magnesium glycinate is a form of magnesium that addresses deficiency symptoms well. Best wishes.
    • Posted

Thx much leigh.where do I get the selesium.are the meds over the counter or prescription
  • Posted

Hi, I've had Graves for 6 years and am now Hypo following radio iodine.

I've been eating 1 brazil nut daily to get a regular dose of selenium, I've been doing that for a while now & the morning puffiness has pretty much gone (unless I get a rubbish nights sleep). There are other foods that selenium is in, but in much lower doses. With a bit of research I found that my diet was almost certainly pretty lacking in selenium. I noticed a difference in 1 to 2 weeks.

I do also have TED (thyroid eye disease)

I started with swelling around the eye & a vision change that was very gradual. Have you had your eyes checked recently? 

Just thought I'd mention TED in case it wasn't on your radar

• Posted

I check my eyes every month.are u nigerian, am from nigeria. If u are can I have ur number.i leave in the states so we can talk more

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.