I have been diagnosed with Pure O OCD in September

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I was put on clomipramine for 12weeks, which was absolutely hell. I was finally taken off them and put on Quetiapine 25mg at night and fluoxetine 20mg in the morning, upping the dose to 40mg on day 7. I'm struggling to eat, feeling really anxious and have a sore throat 😒 Feeling alone.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  Upping to 40 mg was a bit too fast, IMO.  20 mg is the minimum therapeutic dosage and the nervous sysem takes a minimum of four weeks to adjust, so it is really more sane to be on 20 mg for at least three weeks if not longer before going up again.  Stay in touch with your doctor and see if it would be okay to go back to 20 and hang out there for a bit.  It may be all you need.

Meanwhile, you might search the web for some self-help for dealing with OCD, if that was causing you distress and depression.  Are you in with a therapist as well?  Is your OCD benefiting from the meds at all?

Know that you aren't alone!

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying, I have seen a doctor from the mental heath service once eleven weeks ago, and have had five appointments cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. I last spoke to him on the phone on Friday when he said put the dosage up to 40mg. He wants me to up the dosage to 60mg tomorrow morning! As he said ocd needs a higher dosage! I'm so achy, anxious and really tearful, with stiffness in my neck and shoulders too. I called the doctors an hour ago but no one was there to take my call. Unsure whether to up the dose or not?  The intrusive thoughts have eased a little which is good.
    • Posted

Oh Jay, I'm so sorry you are in this pickle!  I'm afraid that going up even higher will cause more side effects!  Did you explain to him what you are experiencing?  I guess it is a matter of what is worse, the side effects or the OCD?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.