I have been severely depressed and had severe anxiety now for a few weeks! Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered from depression and anxiety for many of years, but since the recent death of a friend I have been feeling something so more severe! It's like I'm

My even sure it's depression/anxiety!

I am constantly down and suicidal, constant thoughts of death, I even get times of the day where I am panicking (like a panic attack) but I'm looking round and nothing seems real like I look at the people In the street and think crazy things like there not real etc! I generally feel suicidal all the time, I can't go outside, it's severe at work, I can't sit indoors because it's severe indoors!! I and have a lot of thoughts of death, my thoughts are so random and intense that it is over powering, I can't do anything? I usually could do a few things I enjoy over m over then gradgelly the depression would go. This is like nothing I've experienced before, would you say this is anxiety depression together? Do you think smoking can trigger waves of depression? I would just like to know I'm not the only one going through this, and how long it may last because I can't cope with life like this much longer.

Is there such things as depression panic attacks? Because the worse times are really bad I just feel like grabbing my head and screaming because nothing makes sense and I'm in panic over just basic life as we know it, life and people and buildings and stuff (anything) nothing makes sense

How can I just feel better, someone help me please. I'm going to stop smoking as I feel this triggers some of what's happening in my head, I've never posted on a page like this, I'm a strong person, but this is to much for me and killing myself seems like the only way to escape this's because it generally is to much!!!

I'm Just in seek of some closure and advice how to get better.....

I'm a scaffolder, so I'm active in the day, exercising, I need to eat abit better if I'm honest to. There's just so much to write and I don't know how to explain what's going on in my head!! My thoughts are so powerful I can feel them in my head!! Ahhhhhhh! Just some advice or help please.

I'm going to start the magnesium treatment also? As a friend said it actually cured his anxiety and anxiety is something that has held me back for years! Can it also cure this depression? (If it is depression) I have so much more to say I just can't word it! I'm sorry if this is all over the place, I'm all over the place. James

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

The top half didn't post properly, but the rest that did post does still get my point across, just would like some help and advice on how to overcome this!

I have a child I can't even spend time with due to this!! This is not me!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

I'm not even sure it's anxiety or depression sad

• Posted

Hi james sounds like grief has turned into much more & that u seem v depressed & anxious ++++. Grief is what started off this bout of severe depression for me too. Whilst feeling much better now its taken months and talking on the forum has helped as still awaiting counselling. U shud see ur dr asap be honest & open. Good luck james xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with the same thing, but i feel comfort that we arnt alone in this. It's so hard, maybe I will speak on this page abit more often and see how it goes.

• Posted

James a loss of a friend can be something that knocks the wind out of our sails and we need to come to terms with the loss and move on.

I you are suiidal you could try calling the NHS Information Line and explain your negative mood they wiil Triage and consider if urgent treatment is needed.

You can also make an urgent appointment with your GP, write out your fears and concerns and show your list to the Doctor that will speed up the appointment and give you more time to talk out your trobles

Try Relaxation Techniques, Mindfulness  and Breathing Techniques both are explained in Related Information.

BOB

• Posted

I don't feel I can speak to my doctor, I feel he doesn't listen or care, every time I go to him with a problem he doesn't listen just nods and says "take these"

Even when be explained suicidal thoughts in the past.

• Posted

Hi James ..I am so, so sorry that you are feeling so awful. And suffering so much....you MUST SEE YOUR GP..tomorrow...also phone THE SAMARITANS...they are there 24 hours a day....

You cannot cope with this alone, I don't think that it has anything to do with smoking at all...

You can also phone MIND for help...you cannot carry in like this, so first thing in the morning, get an emergency app with you GP....you can also now go to CASUALTY, if you tell them that you feel you are a suicide risk. They will take you into a room on your own, where you will be seen by a doctor...you will be in my thoughts James, big, warm and caring hugs for you, and good luck, and health...xxx

• Posted

James, what antidepressants are you on? I hope you change your doctor asap. When we are depressed ant hills can look like mountains.

You have to first get on the right medicine and ease your depression.

My doctor has changed my medicine - so as you can see that I too am trying my best to get the right combination.

This is my 3rd episode. Is this your 1st time?

You are lucky that you can still work - it is not possible for me to work.

Keep in touch.

• Posted

James, how many cigs do you smoke in a day? If you smoke the 1st cig in the morning and you start feeling weak and sleepy - it is a sign that smoking does not go well with you. This does not happen to everyone.

Keep in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.