I have Gastitis, now trying silicolgel. Anyone else tried it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with gastritis since February this year. But I've been suffering since November last year. I've had all the zoles, and ranitidine. But the side effects were dreadful. I've been juicing for around 8 months which seems to help. I stopped drinking milk, but now I'm trying A2 milk, SOS far so good. I've lost 22lbs and don't want to lose any more. But if I try to eat anything other than boring bland food, the pain starts up again. I'm never free  from it. That's why I'm trying silicolgel wondered if anyone else had tried it and what they thought. 

Wishing all gastritis sufferers a painless Christmas  

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I found Silicogel Wonderful after Ranitidine and Omezaprole but my GP had not heard if it and was not keen on my taking it. Omezaprole gave me constant diarrhoea, a sore tongue and very dry mouth so back on Ranitidine. Also having had one hip replaced and other one painful, reading a possible side effect of hip and wrist fracture, i decided that my bones were more valuable at 71 yrs so shall not be taking this "wonder drug" any more!
  • Posted

Yes I have been using it for years - it is very soothing and coats the tum. 
  • Posted

dear Jayne ,  

do not waste your money !  I tried Silicolgel and it made virutally no difference whatsoever to the pain and discomfort I was suffering .  I was initially prescribed Omeprazole but only took for a couple of day as it caused awful side effects as described by another contributor below .

Currently eating small meals drinking fresh ginger tea , eating bland foods fat free yoghurt , trying to avoid eating bread , citrus fruit juices .  I feel OK , although my stomach is still not yet completely back to normal .

• Posted

You can't say don't waste your money - everyone is different - for me ginger kills me.  I say - yes it is expensive - but well worth the soothing for ages it gives, it also coats your stomach with a protective lining and pulls out toxins.  Also a plus side is it makes your hair and nails stronger.  Bit of a beauty treatment as well.

Buy it - then you can knock it.

• Posted

if you read my post you will see that I did try Silicol , and found it made little if any difference .  Following an bland diet of youghurt , pitta bread , salads & drinking ginger tea has actually rid me of this condition completely ( in just a couple of days ! ) .  My stomach is back to normal and I can eat as normal . wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.