I have insomnia for as long as I remember.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have finally been subscribed some zopiclones off my doctor after years of cannabis and alcohol abuse because of having such sever sleeping problems. 

Tried the tablets for the first time at 00:12, dropped 2, 3.75 mg tables. After half an hour waiting and nothing happen I thought another 3.75 would be okay and should send me off.. I have tossed and turned in my bed for hours waking again at 2:30 popped one more 3.75mg and tried head on pillow again.. After still being awake now at 4:35, i have just sat up and am thinking about doing two more, I know I shouldn't but I really want to sleep and it's messing up my whole life?! 

Any my suggestions on other sleep things? Or do u just drop the whole box?! Really getting fed up with it now -.- was hoping for some decent help off the doctors.. I don't think my doctor will subscribe any thing else because I have already taken too much of what they told me to take. I don't know who or what I can turn to anymore. I need help. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kim78737

I've been stuck on these for over 15 years..... I was taking about 7-8 7.5mg per night. After a while I had to come down to 4 X 7.5mg per night. Did that last night.....I sit here as you do.....sleepless! Damn frustrating!

A doctor once tried to help, it only works on some people....He prescribed 2 zops plus 2 diazepam and it worked for a while, I think because I've been on these for so long...It didn't work for me, but it might work for you?! I hope you get some sleep. X

• Posted

Hi Starzop,

thats so very much for you reply! The problem with me thought and I've been having insomnia problems for nearly over 12 years. And have never been old enough to get medical help and from the it's just got worse and I've taken It into my own hangs finding things off the streets and stuff that actually work! Which is not ideal and would rather be getting something I know is safe but will work...

I have heard of diazepams and had then before, I have a very high tolarance to most things so I'm sor worried they will not find the right things sad I'm getting crazy despressed with the fact its going on so long.

and I'm at the stage of my life where i need to be waking up early and sleeping early and it's just impossible it's ruined my whole quality of life! sad

Where you able to find a substitute or are you still taking sleeping tabs? X

next time I see the doors the zops and diazepam 

• Posted

I'm still stuck taking 4x7.5mg per night.... sometimes a fifth one at 2:00am.

Shame, I really wish I could right now, I'll keep asking around with pharmacists and my two doctors? He he

Nothing worse than not properly sleeping? Chat again soon Kim

• Posted

Well as long as it's working hey! 

Might have to to use that as my next recomendaion..

not good atall especially when you have a job maintain and a Japanese Akita to work around! Living my my parent and really struggling with this. 

As as soon as I know this sleep is sorted it will come back to place..

its just been getting worse and worse since ive been getting older -.-

• Posted

Hi Kim78737

I've been stuck on these for over 15 years..... I was taking about 7-8 7.5mg per night. After a while I had to come down to 4 X 7.5mg per night. Did that last night.....I sit here as you do.....sleepless! Damn frustrating!

A doctor once tried to help, it only works on some people....He prescribed 2 zops plus 2 diazepam and it worked for a while, I think because I've been on these for so long...It didn't work for me, but it might work for you?! I hope you get some sleep. X

• Posted

Kim im off them for 14 weeks after 13 years , we have addictive personalities, don't take anymore i have days when I sleep and when I don't so well the gp I don't imagine will prescribe anymore , have you seen your local alcohol and drug unit they can assess you properly and get you the right treatment x
    • Posted

Hi Amanda, 

thanks for for you comment! In a way yes but I would t call mine addicted as I have other things that I have been a able not being a dedicated with after having consumed them.. But I will I could go back to doing nothing but I have really really bad frustration and at the fact I can't control it and that's what really doesn't help me rolleyes I must be able to explain myself as I do in here x

• Posted

You should , I k ow all to well about zopiclone I started with 1x 7.5 and ended up 10 tabs per night , 70 per week , had a major break down trying to come off myself and hubbie called nhs24/7 when I was having a massive panic attack after Xmas , I am a senior nurse you think I would know better no one is less or more addicted la k of sleep is awful , I kidded myself if I only had I tab a night my life would be fine little did I know 13 years later where I would be xx
    • Posted

You must get help from your local drug and alcohol rehab centre. Find the nearest one.

docs will only prescribe zops for so long.

how do you manage to get so many. I'm only allowed 28per month.

have bought of the Internet in the past but too expensive.

if you go to a treatment centre, they will probably put you on a diazepam withdrawal programme.

• Posted

I'm a senior midwife and I got to the point where I could take 10 x 7.5 zopiclone PLUS 140 mg diazepam PLUS ten x 10 mg zolpidem.

They really are very, very addictive!!! On one particularly bad night I took 300 mg diazepam, 28 x 7.5 zopiclone and 28 x 10 mg zolpidem.

Yes, of course I got them online, which is just plain stupid and dangerous, not to mention extremely expensive.

I've been hrough the panic attack scenario as welll and I sympathise.

Lying awake night after night is exhausting and miserable.

I am now being treated by my local drug addiction clinic and they've been wonderful. I am about to drop to 24mg diazepam a day. I can take it durirng the day if I want, in fact it was recommended tha I did this, so that anxiety didn't become an issue.

I always keep the largest amount for bedtime, though.

I was very frightened that I wouldn't sleep at all on this regimen but to my surprise, I have been sleeping very well most nights.

I've even given up smoking and as a severe athmatic, that's changed my life, too. No acute attacks whatsoever since stopping the fags - and I was always being taken to hospital for nebulisers - although I managed to avoid being intubated. Alll the best to you. Love Tess.

• Posted

Hi Vivien,

Have you had your first appointment yet?

How are things going for you?

Hope you're doing ok. I've been thinking of you. Love Tess.

• Posted

After you stopped the zopiclones, did you take anything else to help for sleep? I don't think I'm so much addicted to things it's just I really really want to sleep as you say it is awful and the worst thing xx
    • Posted

hi Vivien,

it it was my first prescription for them as they have refused to give me them before. my doctor team are awful they really don't know how to help a patient when it's hitting them in the face.

thanks I will try anything I can get, this has been going on far too long sad

• Posted

Hi Tess.

went to the centre today, but they only deal with drug addicts, cocaine etc.

He suggested I see my GP .  They were not at all familiar with zopiclone or the treatment of.

Surprisingly, he had not heard of the Ashton plan either.

I am reluctant to see GP as I don't want to rock the boat.

as you know, they are not all very understanding of this addiction.

at least I manage to get some sleep, which is better than none.

if and when they want me to come of them, 

• Posted

Hi Tess

been today, but they only deal with heroin and coke addicts. People coming of that stuff etc.

they don't deal with any benzo addictions.  When I explained about the Ashton method, the guy I spoke to had never heard of it.

he suggested I see my GP. So a complete waste of time.

i think to get the sort of treatment you are receiving, I would need somewhere like the Priory. Private treatment. 

i don't really want to approach my GP about it and Rock the boat so to speak as he will probably be just as ignorant about withdrawal method.

i will carry on as I am unless I am forced to come of them at some point.

• Posted

That is truly awful. I am so sorry foir raising your hopes.

About ten years ago, I went to the drug addicts clinic and they said they only dealth with people on crack or heroin. I was bustled ouf of the door.

I thought things had changed for the better. My new clinic deals with drug addictions of all kinds.

Have you googled local Benzo support groups? I bet there are some wherever you live.

Oh dear, what a nightmare for you. My heart goes out to you. The NHS needs to geet its act together and provide country-wide services for everyone. It's pathetic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.