I have no energy and don't feel like myself

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have no energy to do anything.  I feel like I need to sit or lie down all the time.  I wake up and look forward to when I could go to sleep again.  Everything I need to do feels like a chore, even brushing my teeth.  I am no longer productive in anything.  I lack the energy and motivation.  I go to bed always saying that tomorrow will be a better day and I will do everything I need to do.  My body feels shaky, and I feel so unbalanced.  My body aches, but I don't even know if it's real or in my head.  I am 47 years old.  My periods are regular but some months there is bleeding in between.  I go twice a year to my gynecologist and my tests come back good.  I have diabetes, type 2, and everything is under control with medication.  I am also on Paxil and Wellbutrin for depression, but I have been on that for many years.  This feeling I have has started over 8 months ago.  I feel so alone, sad, and dont like myself or how I feel all the time.  I feel extremely useless.  If I do one thing, I feel exhausted.  You would think I'm jet lagged.  Can somebody help me?  I want to feel alive again.

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi jcort, it sounds to me as I recall when I was feeling this way that you are lacking vitamins. Taking a multivitamin is what got me up and going. You definitely should be taking vitamin D3 as well. Are you taking any vitamins?
    • Posted

I'm not, but that is very good advice that I haven't thought of.  Do you suggest a particular brand?

• Posted

Since i'm not allowed to post the name of it here, I'll send you an email giving you the names of the ones I've bought.

• Posted

Sochima , PM me the brand of vitamins  too if you will.
  • Posted

Hi

My symptoms started 5 months ago. With feeling tired,no get up and go,depresin . Don't want to do anything. Everything is a chore even washing my hair. Always having a new symptom everyday, feel so useless, lonely no ambitious.

Thanks for listening glad found this site.

• Posted

I could have written what you just did. My gas tank is completely empty some days. This week I have just went with it and gave myself permission to sit, watch tv, sleep, do nothing unless I felt like it. Then it seemed like I had 2 days of more energy than I have had in months. I have been going to bed ALOT earlier than I have in a long time. That is probably helping a little too
  • Posted

Your are alive and will again be well. And you are not alone..
    • Posted

thank you. It's just been so hard facing the world.  i am sluggish all the time. I hope this passes.

• Posted

You sound anemic. Have you had your iron levels tested?
    • Posted

I am going to my endocrinologist on Monday. I am going to speak to her about that.  It could be that.  I just feel something is missing in my body.  I feel so foggy in my mind,  Always out of it.  But I am going to definitely request this gets checked.
  • Posted

are you by any chance going through the peri menopause? I have started the last few months and suffer from anxiety and depression although it is under control but I feel exactly like you. i can go to bed at ten wake at six and then in the afternoon sleep for another two hours plus when im not at work. this is the third time in a month I have woke up with a migraine type headache. yes i was at the stage where the thought of even washing my hair was a chore? maybe your meds need changing my love as it sounds as if they aren't helping with the depression any more but im not a doctor ive just gone through what you are going through also if you are losing extra blood that may have an impact and as somebody has suggested you could have become anaemic its worth having some blood tests done my love  

• Posted

i really appreciate your advice.  I am going Monday to my endchronlogst, and all this will be discussed with her.  I assume this could be peri menopause, but I'm not quite sure.  Would these be the symptoms of it?  I just want to feel alive again.  I don't know who I am anymore.

• Posted

They are simular symptoms to me my love and as I said I am going through the peri and what with this and the anxiety it has a habit of escalating thoughts feelings etc my GP actually said she felt sorry for me lol you can have a blood test for the menopause but it depends if the hormones play up at that time of having it i was fortunate or unfortunate that mine were my  anxiety at the moment is my memory is so shocking i sometimes struggle with what im saying or want to say or people will stop to talk i know i know them but i cant remember their names its the brain fog. I hope you get some answers and the right treatments to help please keep in touch this is an excellent forum for support  
    • Posted

I have had so many thoughts running through my mind.  I totally relate to everything you are saying, especially the memory part.  i will keep in touch and cannot stress how grateful I am for your replies.  Thank you so much.
    • Posted

your very welcome, and yes please do we are all here to help and support one another
    • Posted

I thought I was the only one who dreaded washing my hair. Good to know I am not alone.
    • Posted

I had my annual PAP done In April 2015 at the VA and a week or two later, they called I was perimenopausal. During the same time, I sought treatment for my mental health at the same facility. You would think a red flag would have caught one of the doctors attention. I had no idea perimenopause could cause all these mental symptoms! Back to the topic, I went to my civilian Gyn told him about my symptoms and he send me for blood to confirm this on day 2 of my cycle. Again , was positive for Peri.
    • Posted

I have to research peri menopause bc I truly don't know much about this or that there is even a test for it.  

• Posted

Do you have to be having your period to take the test for peri ?

I had a hormone test whilst not on period - and tests saud I was not menopausal . But have realised that these tests are not reliable - depends when test is taken etc .

I am going back to GP as I am sure I am peri , have had symptoms of nausea , anxiety and low mood , changes in period for the last year . I think the GP doesn't know what to do. But is now considering that I might be peri , it's what she does next that is vital for me as I find the nausea unbearable . Was on stugeron , which stopped working & have gone back to stematil the last few days . Just wished the symptoms would decrease .

• Posted

nor me colleen my doctor actually said she felt sorry for me lol at the moment im on an even keel apart from my memory its so embarrassing at times sometimes i will be talking to someone i have know for years and completely forget their names x

• Posted

I was tested at the gyn at the VA at no specific time and was told I was perimenopausal. I wanted help so I went to my civilian gyn and he gave me lab referral to be done specically on day 2 of my cycle and It was confirmed. He is also an endocrinologist
    • Posted

Colleen, I was wondering which days are best to get hormone levels checked! Which ones did they check?
    • Posted

I'm not sure what he checked, but I had to get blood work on day 2. I'm shocked that many other doctors don't know this.

• Posted

I had the nausea for quite some time myself. It was horrible. I found that real ginger anything, not ale because most of that stuff doesn't even have ginger in it and the bubbles don't help your tummy, and peppermint tearfully helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.