I have oral lichen planus for about 5 years. it sends to be worse now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well OLP Continue down my throat? What can I do besides steroids? Please help. I'm scared! Does this affect my overall health too? Thanks for any and all info or suggestions. I don't really watt yo be taking meds on a continual basis. Are needs the only choice (our even a choice)

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My first breakout was in my mouth and my throat.  The oral steroids cleared it up for a few days but then it came right back.  It has never gone back in my throat though.  It now sticks to my mouth (tongue, cheeks, gums, lips).  

The only releif i have been given from doctors is steroids.  Gels, creams, pastes, mouthwashes...

• Posted

No I'm not on NSAIDS. I've just stated a change in diet, as in no soda, a big cut back on refined sugar and no Spicey food. Also started taking D3,probiotics for the gums and multi vitamin. I should have really started taking care of my health allot sooner. It seems to be of the erosive kind now. Duo it had my attention and I'm very worried it could continue on to be cancer. .... dose to go see an acupuncture/Chinese medicine practice in a week. Ugh
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Good luck to you and prayers for relief.
  • Posted

Hi Connie, 

If you have had OLP for 5 years then you may have seen your worst days and enjoyed your remissions however brief they have been. 

I think you are now on an emotional low because this OLP gets onto your nerves. You cant eat food that appears regular to everyone. You have to be careful all the time and this is very tiring. Try to keep your mind engaged elsewhere for a reasonable amount of time. This will help you recharge your energy cells.

As nluz says, it may not affect you too much down the throat.

• Posted

I am scared as well---I constantly worry that this condition is a sign that something worse is going on in my body. I worry about it causing cancer, or that the constant inflammation will take a toll on my system. This forum is great for support and sharing stories of encouragement, though, so you've come to the right place.
    • Posted

We share the same worries! I pray for relief of art least the worry for you and I! Good luck with everything. What have you tried in the way of treatment and how long have you dealt with this? If you don't mind me asking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.