I have polycystic ovary syndrome and i have really bad pain in both sides.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

This is my first post here and im hoping someone can shed some light on my situation.

I got Diagnosed with pcos 9 months ago, I at the time had a dull pain in my lower left ovary but it subsided with pain killers, I am now 9 months down the line and these pains are 10x worse than before some daya i cant stand due to the pain, ice been admitted into hopital a few times and just put on a drip to reduce the pain then send home. I have been back to my doctor who has now provided me with weight loss pills to help me loose weight, the problem im having is even when i do a 10 min walk im in severe pain, im at a loss at the moment.

Me and my partner are trying for a baby but nothings happened as of yet.

Can anyone recommened any pain killers that actually work or give me help for my other problems please

I hope that all made sense lol

Jess X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Think you need to keep hassling your Doctor for some decent painkillers, Jess.

Doctor's have access to much stronger painkillers than your Pharmacy.

Hope you can find some relief soon. x

• Posted

Hi, I would ask does your doctor really have a good understanidng of PCOS?  I was diagnosed about 9 years ago and a few doctors told me "oh don't worry it's not life threating".  I was younger so I didnt pay too much attention to it but now that I'm older I reall care.  About a year ago I found a really wonderful female doctor who saw me and instatly knew what I had and how we were going to try and manage it.  So I would say double check that your doctor can really help you deal and learn about what we have.  Best of luck
  • Posted

Thabk you for the replys ladies

I did fet pain killers from my Doctor but they dont work at all, its getting to the pount were i cant stand up and wald due to the pain, I havent had a period since last year in November.

I have 2 Doctors the Man has reffered me to a fertility clinic and the female doctors put me on weightloss pills, yes im over weight but only by a stone si i could loose that easily.

I just want help now as its effecting my life Xx

• Posted

Go with the fertility clinic...in a roundabout way, you may end up with the help you need! So sorry to hear you are in constant pain. sad
  • Posted

Hey girl this is so stressful I also was diagnosed with PCOS about a month ago come to find out so my doctor say it's no cure just treat or control it I just can't believe it. My problem is I won't stop bleeding it comes with pain on both sides of my stomach all I won't to do is lay in bed but of course we can't do that. So the doctor and he wants me to get on some birth control to see if it'll regulate my periods so I got on Depo and I haven't stopped bleeding yet the pain hasn't stopped I just I don't know I think that doctors need to really look further into this because no cure I mean that's ridiculous but they gave me some medicine for pain and it's called Naproxen 500 milligram maybe you should ask your doctor about that because it works I use it every time you know the pain comes and take two a day. I want to get on this birth control called Mirena because it I think it stops the bleeding probably like after 2 months I don't know I'm going to try that. But if you are trying to conceive it is going to be hard but my doctor said. He said basically you have to get me on some type of birth control see if that works to regulate it and then give me some medicine to help me conceive to do something I guess he's going to do something with the medicine and do something today something he was fine and I don't know what this actual doctor but girl I understand you're feeling I really do it's hard I just pray about it that's all you know because God is the one who has the last say so and I just pray about it that's all we can do just pray about it😇😇😇🙏🙏🙏🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.