I have severe Leg Pain at night along with pain in both of my hips.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been to my internist who ordered xrays which showed very little of significance.  My orthopedist ordered Lumbar MRIs.  Only showed a sanovial cyst.  He feels it could not account for the degree of pain, especially since it is only at night.  He ordered blood work panel related to inflammation.  Nothing significant.  I am on gabapentin for trigeminal nerve issue on my face.  I cannot sleep at night since the pain begins somewhere between 2:00 and 4:00.  If I get up and walk around the severity of the pain lessens.  Any ideas?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's pressure that causes the hip pain I get it less now I got a new mattess I woke up around them times I have cauda equine syndrome I have severe nerve damage so I have bad pains in my legs to start with. I have boney. Hip do u

• Posted

What type of pain? Cramping?  I have been on Gabaoentin for quite some time for GI issues.  I now have small nerve neutropathy in my feet.  I get crampy feelings in my lower legs and toes.  I also have hip pain, both sides. No answers for me either. 
    • Posted

The pain is like a severe non-stop Charlie horse in my shins and thighs.
  • Posted

I finally have made by way to a rheumatologist.  It was an extensive evaluation for movement and pain sensitivities.  He touched my bursa areas on both hips and I nearly jumped off the table.  He gave me an injection in each trochanteric bursa and I have had a miracle.  No hip pain. I slept without hip pain for the first time in nearly a year.

For a week I have not had leg pain either.  But, last night I had some leg cramping.

• Posted

Finally had rheumotologist diagnose trochanteric bursitis.  Gave me shots in both bursa.  Now I have no hip pain but the calf and foot pain persists.  Still wakes me only in the middle of the night and eases when I sit up or stand up and walk around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.