I have strong neck/shoulder pain together with headache befor I ll get my period !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I need some help here! since years I get first a crunchy shoulder and then  I have a few days later strong pain in my other shoulder, shooting up to my neck into my head, so strong that I am often for 2/3 days in bed as I can not cope with the pain anymore, sometimes I throw up as well so strong it can be. Once that is all over I have my period.

Dr.s prescripe painkillers, or hormones ( pill, coil....) but nothing makes it go away. Now my Dr. says she can not help me anymore. Anybody out there who can help ???? I am so sick of it and do not know anymore what to tell at work . And it is so exhausting sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi mirielle49133

Is your bra too tight and pulling over your shoulder?. Just before a period your breast can swell. This can make your bra strap tighten over your shoulder. You have nerves in your shoulder that connect to your neck and head. Once you get your period the swelling of your breasts subside and your bra strap will be looser hence the pain will subside in your neck and head. When your next period is due check out these points. Best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi mirielle49133

Forgot to mention if the nerves in your shoulder are compressed they will cause pain to associated nerves in your neck and head......

• Posted

Ja my boobs are rather big and i suggested it to several Dr. but they just said no it would not effect anything. I do usally wear a sportsbra during that time , which makes it a little better )

• Posted

Hi

First thing too do is change your doctor That's disgusting they must treat you need some tests done ask for them push you need to with the NHS MRI scan may take time but push hard for one

• Posted

I know , problem is I changed several times the dr. and even moved country and changed here twice! Problem is also by the time I make it to the dr. the pain is not so sevier anymore, as I can not go anywhere when I am in such pain. So i feel like an idiot , hypochandar so I just hold it out and hope it does not come back the next month sad I asked for exercisses, diet, bloodtest  ..... but the answer is: there is nothing we can not help you sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.