I Have Taken Ciprofluxacin(antibiotic) for more than a month

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear All,

I Have Taken Ciprofluxacin(antibiotic) for more than a month, because I was undergone an ASD-Artrial Septal Deffect (patch closure) Surgery in my Heart last June 26, and my surgeon said that i have to stop taking it after 7 days after surgery, so i stopped it for two months, but because I've read some news about heart surgery that after heart surgery the patient should take antibiotic for atleast 6 months, so fearing of having endocartis is i tried to retake it again started from September 11, up to october 5.

no my question is that is it ok to take this CIPROFLUXACIN(antibiotic) for 6 month? can this be effected the kidney? or can this distroy the kidney?

or shall i have to continue taking this? please help, I Beg for your encouraging reponse

regards,

Bert

3 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/fluoroquinolone-toxicity-syndrome-427305

Hi Bert

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through so much.

I would advise you to speak to your doctor about whether you can be prescribed an antibiotic from another class ie., not a Fluoroquinolone.

Ciprofloxacin and all other Quinolones can cause many terrible, long lasting Adverse Reactions. These can be delayed and not manifest until months after stopping the Fluoroquinolones. 

This class of antibiotic should only ever be used if all other antibiotics have been tried and failed.They are never supposed to be used as a first line defence unless it is a life or death situation. They are heavy duty antibiotics and in the US carry Black Box warnings. 

I am not a doctor but have had much experience of Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome and would say to stop the Cipro asap.

Are you experiencing any Adverse Reactions?

Please click on the link at the top of my post and you will find further links for more information.

Plodding on

• Posted

Good advice that needs to be taken URGENTLY

I was floxd and now have peripheral neuropathy, I would like to see the dr responsible behind bars.There is a class action going in in Britain now. Can send you the details if you wish. Are you in the US?

• Posted

If you PM me I can send you the link that the EMIS software has prevented me from sending to you.
    • Posted

The site you were trying to link to is included in the pinned discussion that Plodding on has used above so if you do not want to wait for moderation use that link to guide users to floxiehope. This is one reason the pinned discussion was added so you can guide users without links going for moderation.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thank You Very Much,

can ciprofloxacin distroy the kidney?, because after taking it for more than a month I've been experiencing a little bit hurt in my right stomach and i think it's near the kidney

regards,

bert

• Posted

Bert I have sent you a Pm.Why are you taking this poison for a month. There are safer alternatives. Jean x
    • Posted

Hi bert 

Cipro can cause damage to pretty much everything, including kidneys but your pain may not be due to your kidney. Have you spoken to your doc about how it feels? It's very common for people who've been Floxed to get digestive problems and pains in strange places. It could well be causing you kidney trouble but I wouldn't go thinking it's destroyed it. You need to get medical advice on this really.

Have you any other symptoms from the Cipro?

Carol

• Posted

Lol. Yes I saw. It didn't copy properly. I'm paranoid about hackers! Paranoia...another ADR
    • Posted

Hi I know. It is a normal reaction after being hacked. I was hacked five times in two years. You will get over it. Just think that whoever did it is sick.
    • Posted

HI Carol,

I've not  consulted to a doctor yet how it feels, I'm worried about my kidney because one day i saw my right stomach there is a litte bit swelling or gow a little bit than usual, im worried about my kidney.

i have no other symptoms aside from it

what do you mean by kidney trouble?

regards,

bert

• Posted

You may have a hernia but please see your dr tomorrow to rule out any infection, for goodnes sake dont accept any cipros.
    • Posted

Maybe a kidney infection. I'm not a doctor and you need to go see one to get some proper diagnosis, as you are so worried about it. You are lucky to not have any other reactions at the moment to the Cipro.
    • Posted

I agree. Please tel him n ot to take any more of you know what. Jean
    • Posted

please do not take any more. Ploddington is right you are very lucky not to have any other signs and symptoms.Don't mean to nag or be pushy but after what has happened to me  would not wish this on anybody truthfully.
    • Posted

I agree with Jean. You shouldn't take any more Cipro. It sounded like your decision to take it for so long after you'd read about taking antibiotics for 6 months and not your doctor's idea. Or have ai got that wrong?

Please don't take any more Cipro bert.

• Posted

Bert you said your surgeon told you to only take it for 7 days after the surgery, so you mustn't take any more!
    • Posted

I hadn't realised that. Some people have been floxed after onlly taking his muck for a couple of days. It damages the DNA of the cells and then the damaged cells produce even more damaged cells resulting in rupturing tendons and causing throbbing muscles and joins!

Does this sound like good medicine. I think not. bad enough tying to convince drs of this. Can Bert read or google Lisa Bloomqust and Fluoroquinolone toxicity?

• Posted

That's good Bert and you need to see your doc about your pain too.
    • Posted

Bert  Ploddington is right. I wish I had been warned about it though.

• Posted

Thank goodness for that. I bet that the mod software has picked up on us tryng o sve bert from being crippled by CIPRO.

• Posted

I think that you have mae th right decision. The evidenc against thewse fluoquinolones is overpowering . we are just passing on information and the value of our experience at being damaged by this drug.

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jean

I received an email notification this morning saying you'd left me a PM but when I went to the message it told me in 'red' that you'd disabled your Private Messaging service. I just wondered if you had, or is it a mistake, or a blip in the system?

Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.