I keep on gaining weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello.

I keep on gaining weigt. people say that I am gaining weight because anaemia and weakness. These few months my periods aren't regular and i've been feeling weak and dizy alot lately. I can't do anything because I am getting tired and my body hurts so bad. What should I do? And I don't wanna keep on gaining weight. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anaemia doessn't make people gain weight. Have you been to the doctors? If you are gaining weight but are not over eating, it may be due to a health problem such as hypothyroidism or polycystic ovaries and many other conditions.
  • Posted

I also started gaining weight when I first started on this anemia journey. I do believe the fatigue and the diziness can lead to weight gain because you really cannot do much. Two years down the line im still trying to lose the weight by eating healthy because even though I am taking supplements I still get very dizzy and faint.
  • Posted

I don't think being anaemic makes you gain weight....there may be something else going on that is causing that. Best bet is to go to see your Doc, as you can't go on feeling like that. Are you taking anything like an iron supplement? Anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.