I'm 16,and I'm writing an exam right now,I'm worried about my bowel movements

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm from India, and school here is pretty frustrating,so I regret this but my diet was a little off for a few months,I even ate stale food,but very few times...I didn't notice the change in my bowel habits at first ( I'm sorry) but here are my symptoms- 

- change in frequency of bowel movements (3 times in the morning on average)

- blood in stools (only for two or three days,it has stopped now)

- feeling that I completely cannot empty my bowels(happens ONLY in mornings) 

- change in size and shape of the stool (narrower and thin,ribbon-like) ( I did not observe since when but it has been 5 days now,this is what is scaring me sad

- sudden,sharp pain in my rectum (very rarely,it has stopped too) 

- abdominal discomfort (only for a few seconds in the morning) 

I told this to my mom and she told me it's just I need to eat more fruits and green vegetables and drink more water,but I'm really concerned as I read lots of articles. Nobody in my family has any such problems.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Jatin- -do get yourself to your doctor and tell him of your symptoms-he may suggest tests - I cannot tell you what is wrong as I am not a doctor.

Do keep us informed of your situation.

Best wishes- hope you'll soon fell well

Susan

• Posted

Well,looking at the symptoms,what do you think ma'am? and what kinda tests will I have to take? and also,most of the symptoms listed are all gone except narrow stools and mild abdomen pains in mornings,but not frequent. 

• Posted

Irritable bowel but I am only guessing-narrow stools(not enough fibre in the diet). 

It's not good to imagine the worst - is it ?

If inarrow stools carry on for too long - get professional advice is all I'm saying.

• Posted

Alright,thanks. I'm going to a doctor soon,but I'll also try consuming more green vegetables and fruits from now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.