I'm 19. And female. I have had a burning stomach for 6 months??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 19 yr old female and I've had a terrible burning stomach for 6 months straight. There isn't a day that's gone by since then that it has quit. The nausea with it is unbearable. After every meal I feel like I could throw up everywhere. I have had a endoscopy which was normal with gastritis. Biopsy results were negative for h pylori and cancer abdominal ct was normal and so was ultra sound. I have a breath test in a month. I feel like I'm literally dying. I pray all the time, and cry. It's ruined my life. I can't go to school or work the pain is so intense. I have tried every anti acid you can name and no changes. I've tried natural remedies that work as a temporary fix them stomach hurts again.

Can someone help me? This is so far from normal

And I don't know what to do. I've been to 4 diff gastroenterologists

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ask your doctor about IBS.  I went to the doctor eight times over three and a half months before I was diagnosed with IBS.   Also, were you prescribed anything for the gastritis?
  • Posted

At first you have to stop eating spicy food even onion, or garlic. Secondly stop drinking alcohol and cafeinne. Ask doctor for Nexium and Zantac taking at the same time. Not too much worry or stress. Do you feel heartburn or regurtation? Ask dr for anti nausea tablets. Exercise daily even 30 minutes will help and drink water anytime you feel burning sensation. Take Vitamine Bcomplex. Hope you get well soon.
    • Posted

I'm not sure if it's related to acid or not but I have tried every acid reducer you can think of. And no I do not eat spicy or caffeine
  • Posted

I completely understand what your going through, I literally want to vomit when I smell certain foods and suffer with nausea most days along with stomach ache or burning. Iv had every blood test going h pylori came back negative for an ulcer which I was certain it was. I'm going to also ask for the abdominal ct scan just make sure there's nothing there. My doctor has said she thinks it's just ibs and has put me 20mg of fluxetine which I don't think is helping my pain and possibly making my moods even lower at the min. I really hope you find a solution for problem it's awful!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.