I'm 22 and have a couple questions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Broke my foot in January this year, discovered I had a blood clot and dvt in that leg in late March. Test results showed a potential for factor 5 but were not conclusive. I take 20mg Xarelto dailey. I never thought id be here, but I've got some questions.

Will I ever be able to run again normally? I get a feeling of blood rush and a tingly sensation. I love to exercise and I can do almost anything else (bike, row, lift). Just curious if others have this feeling or is it just mental? Or if it is potentially dangerous?

Also discomfort in the heels? And occasional discomfort under crotch?

Thanks for any insight! Would love any opinions

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I wear 20Hg stockings during the day and 20hg socks when exercising
  • Posted

A DVT is the blood clot, Deep Vein Thrombosis(Clot). I have had one in my right calf since Oct '15 and was advised to take it easy for the first few weeks until the swelling went down, regular moderate exercise is recommended until the clot dissolves. Mine has been 8 months now and the Dr think another 3 months and it should be gone. Just get regular ultrasounds to monitor the size of the clot and dont overdo things, its not forever.
  • Posted

I would think at some point you would be able to run again. But that's up to your doctor. I was 22 when I got a DVT. I'm 44 now so I don't remember when I got back to my old self. I was a very active person. Three years ago I was going to spin and pilates, never sat down, did yard work, I was extremely fit. So you can get back to normal. Unfortunately I developed a blockage in my main veins and I've had a lot of trouble, pain and surgery including a stent. But I believe if I hadn't been so active and healthy I'd b n worse shape (and it's pretty bad). Especially since you excercise, please drink lots of water and always stay hydrated. I can't stress how important that is. Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.