I'm 23 and been having severe uti's once a month since it was about 6, please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am desperate, I have seen so many doctors and they all can't explain it so end up saying I'm not having water infections. I've been having severe water infections since the age of 6 about once a month but it can differ timewise. If I don't have antibiotics it just gets worse I can pass blood and pass out from the pain. It's not like normal water infections that I've seen people have, when I get one it is instant and I cannot move I have to be on the toilet and I am in excruciating pain. It is ruining my life as they happen all the time so I have to have a constant supply of antibiotics. Doctors now just prescribe me a big course so I can treat it. I had ultrasounds and the camera but all has come back normal. But my life is not normal I don't want to take antibiotics every time but it is the only way to get rid of it and even with them I can't work for a couple of days. I'm made to feel stupid at my gps and it's so frustrating as I know what a water infection is as I have dealt with it my entire life. I want it not to be my whole life so if anyone knows of anyone anything that can help, I'd really appreciate it. I've asked about women's clinics but been told there is nothing to help me. If anyone can help, please I'm desperate.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

oh god, I'm so sorry to hear this! I thought is was in a horrible situation when I had one every month for 8 months, I finally found what was causing mine which was the contraceptive pill I was taking so I don't get them anymore, but I'm so sorry you're dealing with them with no permanent cure! have your doctors not offered a permanent prescription when I kept getting UTIs they offered me to have a permanent prescription so for the forseeable future I would take a small dose of the antibiotics used to treat UTIs. but before I got them I found what was causing mine so I didn't go through with the tests to get the permanent prescription. maybe that could be an option for you? x
  • Posted

Laura please try d-mannose powder. I use KAL brand . You can get it online. Research d-mannose online and read about how many people it has helped. Worked for me too.Good ... on my way to cape may and weather is so nice. Lily is such a good traveler lol. She goes w us all the time. Have fun teaching. You always do such a great job w the kids.
  • Posted

Hi Laura,

We all know what your going through. D- Mannose Powder is something I just started using about 1 month ago now. It works amazing, also take some probiotic Flora pills  to help with this. Its been working for me, and no pain for 1 month now.

• Posted

d-mannose powder worked like a miracle for awhile however I believe it works best for E.coli infections...but so worth trying.  and yes a probiotic is a must
    • Posted

D Mannose works for anything stuck in your urinary tract, bacteria such as E-Coli, even fibers from your pants, tissue paper fibers , stuff you cant see unless under a microscope of course, but not just for E-Coli. Ultimate Multi Probiotic is the best for your stomache and urinary/uterus to help maintain your PH flora as well. Even since I started taking both of those I haven't had any flare ups or symptoms.
  • Posted

LAURA I HOPE YOU GET BETTER ! MY COUSIN ONCE HAD THIS AND SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM... NO DOCTOR SEEMED TO GIVE HER A TREATMENT ! HERE IS MY STORY SO EVERYONE CAN SEE AND MAYBE CAN HELP

Hello everyone. I am a 25 year old woman and I really need HELP on my case  since it is already causing my life a nightmare.! I'm pretty much running out of options that's why I decided to come to the internet and connect with people. I've been suffering from UTI's since back in 2011. I've been prescribed I don't know how many antibiotics.... Nothing has worked within 3 days my UTI would come back. Apparently... the E.coli have become resistant to antibiotics. My primary doctor sent me to an urologist to see if everything was ok. I'm currently on the wait for some ultrasounds I had done to see if I'm retaining urine. Meanwhile, I will appreciate if someone can give me some light on this and if some one had a similar problem because honestly all the doctors I've seen so far dont really know whats going on or  have little knowledge of this problem, I sort of sense their insecurity. Overall, my hopes are low.... The e.coli is also constantly causing vaginal infections as well... I believe my ph levels go unbalanced once the bacteria travels to the vagina causing bad odor and even yeast infections, vaginosis, etc. HORRIBLE. I even tried to get a plastic surgery recently and they will not operate with an existing infection. I've heard as well that long term infection can cause other problems...evern for future maternity. My first priority in my life right now is getting rid of this thing !! You help will be much appreciated. THANK YOU !! 

• Posted

I think you have an infection that has not beed officially removed, only symptoms reduced. The antibotics prescribed remove your good bacteria, hence, the bad over takes it and goes into other areas over time, similiar to the leaking gut example.

No longer eat sugar in your diet, read the food labels that will list sugar in many different names. That sugar causes women so many problems due to our makeup down there. Also, quickly starting taking Multi Probiotic is the best for your stomache and urinary/uterus to help maintain your PH flora - make Plain Yogurt your best friend buddy. Drink more water, stop any surgary drinks, soft drinks and coffee. Feed your good bacteria. Eat some raw garlic to get to the root of the problem. Thats why you keep getting these UTI's because the initial cause never been dealt with just put to the side for awhile. Sorry you going thru this. 

Take some multivitamin and mineral supplement, we forget that but you need that because you want all your inner organs to get what they need to function and help you get rid of the main thing causing this. 

I think it is the bad bacteria because it is in disguise not showing up on tests. We have to remember that some of these tests are only looking for particulars that reflect one thing or another and easily miss things, hence, your experience of passing out and passing blood (which is serious) and your initution Proves, something is wrong. 

Don't give up. Keep looking for answers, but do change your diet as noted above.

-- You can try taking some baking soda ( 1 teaspon) or apple cider vinegar and put in a glass. So try the baking soda with glass of water, and can add some honey for taste, you should see some improvement. 

Also, a herbalist said that we have to see what foods are good for our blood type, if not we can experience the mysteries that we find ourselves in. If you think about it the blood tells alot of what is going with us and our food intake plays a number one instigator in starting our gut - that if any issues will show up in your symptoms. 

Another thing, learned by a doctor that if the person was born by a c-section, they are at a disadvantage compared to a vag born child due to not receiving the benefical microbio makeup from the mother. Its studies on this that was fascinating to read and feel why so many people end up with mix symptoms that all comes back to imbalance of bad bacteria needing more help in fighting it.

Oh, and taking all those prescribed antibotics remove all your good/bad bacteria. So try a natural remedy to see if it helps before going full stream back on those antibotics. You want to take everything in phases, because if you do have a superbug, the die off make you not feel well for a few days and your body have to be prepared for that. 

Good luck..

• Posted

I think you have an infection that has not beed officially removed, only symptoms reduced. The antibotics prescribed remove your good bacteria, hence, the bad over takes it and goes into other areas over time, similiar to the leaking gut example.

No longer eat sugar in your diet, read the food labels that will list sugar in many different names. That sugar causes women so many problems due to our makeup down there. Also, quickly starting taking Multi Probiotic is the best for your stomache and urinary/uterus to help maintain your PH flora - make Plain Yogurt your best friend buddy. Drink more water, stop any surgary drinks, soft drinks and coffee. Feed your good bacteria. Eat some raw garlic to get to the root of the problem. Thats why you keep getting these UTI's because the initial cause never been dealt with just put to the side for awhile. Sorry you going thru this. 

Take some multivitamin and mineral supplement, we forget that but you need that because you want all your inner organs to get what they need to function and help you get rid of the main thing causing this. 

I think it is the bad bacteria because it is in disguise not showing up on tests. We have to remember that some of these tests are only looking for particulars that reflect one thing or another and easily miss things, hence, your experience of passing out and passing blood (which is serious) and your initution Proves, something is wrong. 

Don't give up. Keep looking for answers, but do change your diet as noted above.

-- You can try taking some baking soda ( 1 teaspon) or apple cider vinegar and put in a glass. So try the baking soda with glass of water, and can add some honey for taste, you should see some improvement. 

Also, a herbalist said that we have to see what foods are good for our blood type, if not we can experience the mysteries that we find ourselves in. If you think about it the blood tells alot of what is going with us and our food intake plays a number one instigator in starting our gut - that if any issues will show up in your symptoms. 

Another thing, learned by a doctor that if the person was born by a c-section, they are at a disadvantage compared to a vag born child due to not receiving the benefical microbio makeup from the mother. Its studies on this that was fascinating to read and feel why so many people end up with mix symptoms that all comes back to imbalance of bad bacteria needing more help in fighting it.

Oh, and taking all those prescribed antibotics remove all your good/bad bacteria. So try a natural remedy to see if it helps before going full stream back on those antibotics. You want to take everything in phases, because if you do have a superbug, the die off make you not feel well for a few days and your body have to be prepared for that. 

Good luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.