I'm 34 years old and I've been dealing with chronic bv and yeast infections for 4 years.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Not only that but I'm dry down there too. I have no fishy odor, just a thick white pasty discharge. I haven't read anything like this? Am I the only person with symptoms like this? HELP ME!!!! I've had all my hormones checked and the dr said everything is normal. I'm so depressed over this and feel like I'm going to be single the rest of my life and loose the opportunity to have another child. About 5 days ago I started taking probiotics, bcomplex, d,c, b12, folic acid, fish oil, turmeric and horsetail. I've inserted vitamin c 250mg vaginally for 2 days I'm going to try 6. I just want something to work. Dr tells me everytime bv/yeast, ya I know already. Antibiotics just make it worse. Someone help me please!!'n

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would stay on the probiotics.  Are you taking the type for vaginal health?  I would also stay away from the antibiotics if you can, they seem to just cause a vicious cycle.   Try not to stress out I swear that makes the BV worse and don't worry about the single part, if you meet someone who is loving and caring the BV / yeast infections won't be a problem.  My symptoms were the smell and the watery discharge.  I used the vitamin c  inserted into my vagina for the smell, I got a bit concerned doing it all the time because my Gyno said it can thin the tissue.  I then only used it if the smell was really bad instead of daily.  What I am doing now is multivitamin daily, I am on birth control pill, probiotics and I drink a protein drink that contains whey and soy protein.  When I use the bathroom and after showers I rinse my vagina with salt water.  I have been having little or no symptoms now for about three months.  I am so excited...I pray  to God it continues.  I had BV for a little over 3 and 1/2 years

• Posted

Hey have you always been on birth control? If not do you think that contributed a lot to much of your symptoms going away? I've never been on it, but wonder if it would help or hurt my situation. Which probiotics do you use?

• Posted

Hi Collette thanks for your kind words and story. Maybe using salt water to rinse would be better for me to do. I think because I'm dry my ph can not balance. If inserting vitamin c thins the walls maybe it's not good for me. I've been taking vitamins, inserting vitamin c 250mg a night with Luvena. In the morning I'm inserting a probiotic. I'm going to drink lots of water to stay hydrated and continue this routine for the next two weeks. I'm feeling hopeless, I'm just not ready to give up just yet.

• Posted

Hi Lucy sorry to hear your struggling so......it is a horrible condition to deal with.

Im just wondering what your washing yourself with and your washing powder/ conditioner? 

• Posted

I use Pantene or Treseme for my hair and a female ph balancing wash for down there.

• Posted

Ok maybe look at your wash powder. I know it sounds daft but it is possible to irritate.

pehaps get your hormone levels checked out ?? 

Debs 

• Posted

Had my hormone levels checked and the dr said they were normal
  • Posted

Sounds way more like yeast
    • Posted

Does yeast cause dryness? I'm not sure which one came first bv/yeast or dryness. Which one caused which for me idk

• Posted

Has anyone ever had the inside of their vaginal opening swell up with a yeast or bv infection?? Like literally barely can get a finger up there. This happened to me once before about 4 years ago and I don't remember exactly what it was but it was some type of vaginal infection obviously. I've been like this almost 2 weeks. I go to the doctor on Wednesday. Just curious if anyone else experiences this symptom.

• Posted

There is something concerning staph in the urinary tract. I had an awful ordor of onions and slight heavy feeling like a urinary tract infection was coming on. Dr. said the amount I had was normal, but obviously it wasn't because after I took antibiotic both symptoms went away, onion smell & discomfort. They said it was a staph that women get when they are pregnant, Had i not insisted on getting the antibiotic no doubt I would still have it. I had been drinking Aloe right before getting it maybe i made my system too alkaline? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.