I'm a highschool student and this bothers me so much

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's very itchy down there, I'm having trouble sleeping, I'd wake up in the middle of the night realizing that i am scratching it. I try my best not to. I regret everytime i scratched it, it hurts when i rinse it with water. I don't know if i have this symptom or not. I'm very worried and scared. I'm still in highschool and this bothers my daily life. It has been going on for a few months now, and these days I think, it's getting worse. It only started this week, I am waking up in the middle of the night because of the itch.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to the doctor? Sounds like just a yeast infection.
  • Posted

Hi...I know it's hard to deal with gyn issues at such a young age, but trust me...you are better off getting healthcare at an ob/gyn for this. You may have a yeast infection which is nothing to be embarrased about at all. I have Lichen Sclerosis which causes itching and white patches in my private area. It is an autoimmune disease which requires certain medication cream. Not a fun thing to deal with, however I am thankful for my diagnosis and treatment. I'm sure you will feel better facing your fears and getting treated rather than suffering as you are. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers! Best wishes! Lyn

• Posted

Hi Tatsbita.   I've been reading a lot of ladies on this site having problems so I decided to give my experience in the hopes it will be of some help.   I had a similar problem to you (I'm 55) and I had all sorts of diagnoses from various doctors and nothing they prescribed helped.  Then I came down with gastro-enteritis and couldn't eat for around 5 days: and the horrible painful itching downstairs cleared right up!  That was my first clue that I was probably sensitive to some food or other.  I did an exclusion diet, slowly re-introducing different foods, and I found that one of the main triggers to the itch was whenever I ate potato!  I'd never even had a problem with it before, but it seems that as I've gotten older, I can no longer tolerate it.  I cut it out of my diet entirely, along with it's plant "cousins" - I found I get a painful itch if I eat any of the Solonacea family, including: potato, chilli, tomato, eggplant, capsicum (I believe they're also called bell peppers?) and tobacco. If I occassionally accidentally eat one of this diverse family, I find that an anthistamine can relieve the symptoms now I'm not overwhelmed by eating them every day.  I hope this helps you - best of luck!

Minamii 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.