I'm a little desperate, can you guys help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday I noticed a red bump on my lip, I had cold sores before but never in that spot.

http://imgur.com/a/zN0oP

I'm not sure if that red thing on my upper lip is a first stage of herpes or just a pimp or allergic reaction, I'd like to hear some replies from you guys. I have a date tomorrow.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably another coldsore so get some zovarax cream for it.

Some come up as a spot before blistering but it doesn't sound too bad?

• Posted

Sounds like either a coldsore or a spot.

Use some zovarix cream on it just in case.

No kissing on first date tho. ( hope it goes well!)

Doesn't sound too serious but keep an eye on it.

• Posted

Firstly, I've learned that my breakouts are derived from stress- so do what you can do lower your stress levels. Also, you wanna head up to your local drug/grocery store and buy yourself a bottle of Lysine and take a couple thousand MGs per day. Lysine helps combat arginine; arginine is not good for the sores. Google "foods high in arginine" to see what foods you may want to avoid. 

As for an actual breakout, the best thing you can do is try to catch as soon as it's happening. You'll usually feel a tingling sensation on your lip and a little bunch of white dots will apprear on your lip. 

When this happens, you want to up your dosage of lysine- go with 6,000 MGs/day. Also, try to get your hands on perscription of acyclovir oral tablets. They'll be very expensive if you don't have health ins. Combine the acyclovir with the lysine. I'd take twice the recommended dose of acyclovir than the doctor recommends.

Next, you also want to attack the sore from the outside. 

That said- go up to your local walgreens and buy Bactine and 90% rubbing alcohol. Mix these together: 3 parts Bactine to 1 parts alcohol.

Apply this solution to your sore every hour. Bactine has the same active ingredients as Abreva- but it's a fraction of the cost.

This solution will help dry out the sore and prevent it from festering. 

WHATEVER YOU DO- DO NOT TOUCH THE SORE!!! DON'T LET FOOD TOUCH IT, DON'T LET DRINKS TOUCH IT!!! KEEP IT DRY AS POSSIBLE IN THE SHOWER!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.