I'm glad to back to work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies. I have had tough long 3 months after surgery.

I have visited here and seeked advices every few weeks. I got huge helps from the ladies and Matron.

I have had so many pain in here and there since day 1. Last pain was even I couldn't find where it was. I was in bed for 2 days doing nothing and thinking whether I should go to hospital or not. It was one day before I went back to work. I couldn't sleep well as usual.

With full of worrying I went back to work last Monday. I deal with teenagers and I love it.

Unexpectedly, all my pain is gone now. My night time pains and sweats stopped completely. All my energy is back!!

Was it an autonomic neuropathy?

I don't know what made this changes. But I just wanted to share my story. Backing to work and going outside of house may help post op to maintain physically and mentally especially like me who is worried tooooo much.

Hope this idea will help someone?

Thank you ladies

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tomoko

Lovely to read your post and how positive it is to read you are now feeling well. I discovered this forum in December just after I'd had my surgery. I remember reading that you were worried about your recovery and the feeling of reprolapse and obviously that stage passed thankfully and it was just swelling from recovery and that's how I feel now 8 weeks post op so I am still trying to stay positive about that at the moment so thank you for your post x Good luck with your continued getting back to normal x

• Posted

Thank you Donna. How is your recovering going?

Unfortunately my anterior wall is slipping down to vagina and it makes me go to toilet frequently. I'll try pessary in few months time.

But I'm happy to recover from surgery itself. It was a major one and took me 3 and half months to get back normal life.

At 8 weeks I wasn't able to walk for 10 mins. Please stay positive and give yourself time to heal from surgery.

• Posted

Hi tomoko,

So happy to hear you are back at work and all is going well for you.

It is so good to get back out and about on a regular basis and have some normality in your life again.

Well done and take care, no running around like a spring chicken😅, and look after your repairs.

Keep us all regularly posted we all like to hear of positive outcomes so encouraging for those still in early weeks.

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Thank you Phyl. I'm so happy to be out from house.

I'm busy now so simply I don't have time to check my temperature every 30 mins lol

I'm still not lifting more than 2kg and not parallel standing over 15 mins even in the 15 mins I'm doing pelvic floor exercise.

Is there anything I should be careful?

• Posted

Just keep doing as you have , listen to your body and as you progress do it slowly and see how things go, just a little extra.

I was doing about 2 x 30/40 minutes walk oer day just before I went back to work, and lifting no more than 1and a half litres of water. Couldn't carry it for any length. I could sit with support for at least an couple of hours.

However a bit of a shock at work as 40 mins and 2 hours is a whole different story and then sitting at work shifting weight without good support you start to feel the strain on pelvic floor within the first hour.

You never know if you are straining your repairs or its just the muscles feeling it as you haven't used them properly in 3 months.

Managed to survive it all until they started leaving me on feet for 5 hours; think being my 2nd repair it was too much for deeper tissues, was told after 1st repair not to do any heavy duties and over time thought I could cope with longer shifts on my feet pretty sure that's what brought 1st repair right down again and now left with scar tissue.

You just have to find your own cababillities and draw the line, and just be aware what your own body can or can't cope with.

Take care,

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.