I'm having a lot of problems right now please help :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, 

For a few years now I've been having problems with my period. Sometimes they are non existant and most of the time they are irregular. I have bad water retention which makes me bloat in my tummy and ankles, and I am usually very tired so I tend to sleep a lot. I was diagosed with depression and anxiety a few years ago, and  I have heart palpitations frequently which to some extent has made my heart rate go down to 40 and honestly I'm not an athlete! I am 19 stone and really don't look like it at all as I am slimmer than others my size and my weight fluctuates a lot every day. I'm healthy in my diet and excersize when I can and I have always been a bigger person since I was a child. I also experience large pulsating pains in my wrists hands fingers and forearms which affect my drawing at times. But I'm only 20 years old and I am very worried about what is happening to me. I also have a history of multiple missed periods and I grow quite a bit of hair on my chest. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi--Have you been checked for polycystic ovaries (Stein-Leventhan Syndrome)?  If you haven't already, look it up on the internet and read about it. It can cause irregular periods and hair growing on the chests or faces of women. It's due to an imbalance in androgens and is sometimes connected with insulin issues, too. --Suzanne
    • Posted

Thank you smile I have always had a hunch of this, I remember going through six months without a period. My doctors are useless, I've been about it before, however they never git back to me with the results until I found out myself that I had all matters of problems. Is there any way you couldcould advise me to approach the doctor about this again? All they did last time was send for a blood test. 

Thanks x

• Posted

I would research the recommended tests (such as perhaps an ultrasound, insulin tests, etc), and bring a copy of the recommending diagnostic procedures to your doctors. Are you in the UK? Here in the USA we can go and get a different doctor--any option for you to do this? 

Some of the other symptoms that you have are concerning, too. For example, the water retention. I had polycystic ovaries and I also turned out to have celiac disease (autoimmune gluten intolerence) and the bad water retention that I had resolved when I eliminated gluten. Any chance that you might ask for a blood test panel for celiac disease? You have a number of issues and it would be good to do some thorough testing, perhaps with an internist. --Suzanne

• Posted

Doctors dont really tell anything. I have irregular periods since it began. But the doc says I need to lose weight as it is due to me being over weight. I am trying to lose weight but with work its really hard to excersise and I get tired more than the normal people. With that I am a kidney patient.Sometimes it gets frustrating.Pills have a lot of side effects so it would be better if u dont go for a course to regulate the period. Its like u have wriiten all my problems up there. Pain in joints, fatigue, water retention issue, irregular pulse and period including the extra hair growth specially under my chin. Go for a kidney ultrasound, as the water retention issue may be related to kidneys. Do share if there is any positive progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.