I'm I doing something wrong

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi. I've been on these pills now for 1 week. my weight has not changed at all. The beginning of the week I followed slimming world. then I thought maybe there isn't enough fat to get the pills working. so since Saturday I have changed to counting how much fat and calories I am having a day. so I'm using around 30g of fat and 1200 cals. I 79kg would like some advice if anyone can help

please

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How much water are you drinking, try and do a min of 2lts.

Give it time the slower it comes off the better it stays off.

Try not to weigh yourself weekly , leave it till week 4 .

• Posted

Hi again!

Seems we are pretty much in the same boat (as well as the only ones on here at the moment!)

I started last Wednesday and have been extremely good and watch everything I ate. I haven't lost anything yet, even without the tablets I would have expected to have lost a couple of pounds!!

I haven't had any side effects apart from bloating on the second day. The only other thing is I don't seem to be going to the toilet as much as normal.

Sorry I haven't helped in anyway with your question, but just thought I would let you know the same is happening with me!

• Posted

hi. yes been drinking about 2.5 litres a day. and I'm the same I would of though even without the pills I would if lost. but ill keep with it. If I could see some loss it would motivate me more. !
    • Posted

I never saw any loss in the 1st 10days 😕 By the time of my 1st weigh in I'd lost 16lb. Don't forget the weight didn't just appeared on us over night. So it won't go as quick as we want.

Think of all the positive you've not put on weight which is a great bonus . Good luck Xx

• Posted

Hi. I was exactly the same. Now just started my 3Rd week and weighed in Saturday to find that I have now shed half stone. So it took 2 weeks for me to see results. I do know that this drug does not work overnight so to speak as it's slow release so will take time to get into the body stream but once in you should start to see results. To be honest your doctor should of told you how it works and what to expect.Also this works in different ways for different people too. So what I lost in 2 weeks some can loose in 1 week. Hope this helps my lovely. Don't give up hope. It will work. ☺
    • Posted

Big-elz, did you have any side effects in the first couple of weeks? I haven't had any, although been really good apart from last night when I thought I would really put it too the test and had some cake, but still nothing!!
    • Posted

Only side affects I've had is wind and if I have over indulged like eating bacon with fat on I've gone to loo and fat has came away in my stool but that has only happened once. I suffer with IBS so am quite used to being loose if you know what I mean. Lol.
    • Posted

ahhh thank you that's helped alot. I guess woth following slimming world for so long I was expecting to see results after a week. but thank you will keep updated how I get on
    • Posted

Aw you are very welcome my lovely. Just remember we are all different. Good luck in your journey. X
  • Posted

Hi

I went back on Orlistat on the 14 January 2016 and have lost approximately 22lbs, I stopped getting on the scales after the first week, as id din't want to get disheartened.  I get weigh every 28 days at the gp and weight myself at home before my appointment to see what the difference in the scales. 

I noticed the difference in my clothes before noticing it on the scales.  I have up to 12g of fat per meal (3 meals and a snack).  You will get there.  Keep looking forward.  You will see the difference shortly.

• Posted

HI I have noticed my rings getting looser and like you say it's disheartening when the scales aren't moving. when do u take your pill? I have mine just before I eat. would this make a difference?

thanks for advice and support ! x

• Posted

I take mine after I have eaten, I don't think it makes a difference what time you take it really you have an hour after your meal to take it. When I read up about it they said, before after and up to an hour from when you have eaten
  • Posted

Just a little update on me.... I'm at the end of my second week on orlistat.

I have lost 9lb, which has only come off in the last week. I am now starting to experience 'side effects' of the drug, which is reassuring in a way!

Also after nearly two weeks of been constipated I took just one sachet of fybogel, which seem to have kick started things and emptied me out!

So all in all looking more positive than a week ago.

• Posted

Fantastic news. Well done you. I had my doctors weight in yesterday and after 4 weeks of being on Orlistat I have lost just over 9 pounds. Great stuff all round. X
    • Posted

Julie that's great. I was going to message you tonight. I still have had no loss. I've stayed the same and I'm not going over 30g of fat a day.
    • Posted

Sounds daft but go over the fat allowance, take pill before eating every main meal pm that's 3 pills. Morning noon evening. See if that will boost you. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.