i'm in such a horrible place after testing positive for HSV2

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today i got the news that i tested positive for HSV 2. part of me really doesn't want to believe it and it's so hard for me especially considering that i've only slept with 2 people and didn't think there was any possible way for them to have herpes. i feel disgusting, i'm scared and i'm in shock, i've never had any symptoms and it's been a very long time since i've had sex. i'm so young and feel like i'll never find love because of this.ive never felt so gross and i want to just hide in a cave forever

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How were you tested? Swab, IgG or IgM, and how did you score if tested for IgG? Just want to establish that you're definitely positive, as some people test low positive but may be negative.

• Posted

I was tested positive for hsv1 blood but negative for Swab. It was less then 2 days or around 48 hours since the blister came up.
    • Posted

If you tested positive by blood at the time of your presumed outbreak, then you were already a pre-existing carrier of HSV1 and the outbreak may not even be herpes, since the swab was negative (48 hours is good). How bad was your outbreak?
    • Posted

Long story short. I had what I thought was thrush. I got thrush stuff it cleared up then I thought I had UTI as I kept peeing. It went away and then 7 weeks later after sex I got sore again and when I looked I had two red pimples. Not sore to touch and a small blister ulcer just outside the opening of my vagina. This was a Saturday night. Sunday it was like better. Monday I got tested via blood and Swab. I had cold sores as a kid. Haven't had a cold sore in about 9-10 years. Blood came back negative for hsv2 but postive for 1. Swab came back negative. Husband hasn't had any thing or any symptoms at all. I had three doctors look. One said thrush. Doctor two said herpes and third sexual health nurse said he dooesnf think it is but knows it's different to everyone.

• Posted

So, you would expect HSV1 to be positive, as you had cold sores as a child. I would go with the swab result, so you're negative. If it happens again, ask for a pcr swab, which is even more accurate. If that's also negative, then it's definitely not herpes! I don't think it is, regardless. A viral culture swab within 48 hours should be pretty accurate.

• Posted

Also 7 weeks ago they tested me for thrush and it came back candida (thrush). This was before they thought to check for anything else .. I still have the two pimples. It's been ages!!!! Not sore at all.

• Posted

Also 7 weeks ago they tested me for thrush and it came back candida (thrush). This was before they thought to check for anything else .. I still have the two pimples. It's been ages!!!! Not sore at all.

• Posted

No idea, but herpes doesn't stick around that long unchanged, so it's clearly something else and probably nothing to worry about. Sometimes you can get bumps or skin probs down below.

• Posted

First outbreaks fully clear in about 2-3 weeks, recurrences in less than a week.
    • Posted

A very mild recurrence might, but it would be sore and should have swabbed positive.

From excessive/obsessive reading! Poured over tons of medical sites, expert q&a forums and research studies since my own diagnosis.

• Posted

It was only sore the first day. But nothing agonising. It didn't hurt when I pee. The seven weeks ago did hurt at first. So what do you think then? It's hard when doctors all say different things. Leaving me in limbo even when it said Swab negative. Then I worry it didn't detect it haha

• Posted

So the swab for thrush they did 3-4 days after my last sores was negative. She just said the negative Swab of herpes is negative so just don't worry about it now

But I still have the sores. They don't hurt or cause discomfort. They haven't changed but it's Been ages and ages

• Posted

They're obviously something else, not herpes, so I would stop worrying that it's HSV. Ask your doctor what else they could be if they won't go away or give you problems.

• Posted

I'm still a bit red and itchy but not where the sores are. But maybe also mind over matter.

I know, I just don't know what else to do??

• Posted

Went to another sexual health doctor today.

She said it looks firm and nothing in it. Could be a blocked duct and did another Swab

• Posted

It hasn't changed for weeks, so it's not herpes. I'm sure the swab will come back negative.

• Posted

She did a Pap smear as well. And another Swab so 3-4 days wait ... if it was should it change

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.