I'm in such pain from slipped vertebrae & spinal stenosis.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been pescribed Lyric 50mg twice daily for back pain & especially pain in hips & legs which is awful. Anyone found it effective?  I have tried Meloxicam & various others which made no differnece. What about side effects? Would appreciate any information about this drug. 

Many thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don't know anything about that drug but I have been on meloxicam and it doesn't do anything for pain.  I think  it is more for stiffness.  I also have spinal stenosis, ddd and scoliosis plus the doc said my disc was "smooshed". I have been having trouble being on my feet.  Can't stand or walk without pain if I' m on them too long.  I have an appointment to have injections in my back Thursday.  I have had them before and it seemed to work.  If it doesn't I'm afraid surgery is next.  Good luck and keep us posted.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query. Another name for this drug is Pregablin.So sorry to know you also are in pain. My pain is now radiating down my legs and feet with pins & needles. Am waiting for a scan but want something to ease things while I'm waiting. Hope all goes well on Thursday. Do let me know.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you.  Will do!  Hope everything goes well for you!  
  • Posted

I am suffering the same as you Amber no pain relief, I am on a waiting list for a foraminal epidural and hope when this happens I will be out of pain. I am taking naproxen gabapentin paracetemol and tramadol and still no relief.
    • Posted

So sorry you too are in constant pain in spite of taking such a lot of drugs. Hope your epidural works. 
  • Posted

Hello Amber, I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  I also have a slipped vertebra, arthritis etc. etc.  I have recently had a second injection into my spine guided by x-ray which has stopped the unbearable pain I had in my left foot.  I have had this problem, leg/back/pain for 20 plus years now and osteopathy has helped enormously over the years.  I am now doing physiotheraphy to strengthen my legs and I am waiting for a left knee replacement.  The right one was done very successfully some years ago.  I am now on 12 gabapentin per day and tramadol because although the pain has gone I get the most unbearable sensations in my legs and the combination of these two drugs is what works for me. 

I  do hope you find relief very soon.  Take care and hang in there.  Kindest regards, Dianne 

• Posted

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your advice, interesting that osteopathy has helped. I will explore that. Back & leg pain seems to be be the most difficult to treat. I am also waiting for a procedure to cauterise the nerve endings which I am very apprehensive about. Hope you too get relief.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi I too have slipped vertebrae L4 L5 facet joint O.A. and bulging disc all L4 L5. The pain is awful butt I worry as I also have pain down the lower leg below knee on the front to outer edge. I have the usual sciatic pain buttocks etc but can it radiate to shins

Cannot tolerate painkillers well and milder ones do no good. Am using voltarol gel and heat.

Would help if anyone else has had the shin type pain

• Posted

Hi Maria, I have a very similar condition and when it first started the pain was unbearable

That was 20 years ago and I was on morphine and anything else I could get all of which messed up my stomach

I have just had a spinal x-ray guided injection which worked second time. The first one only lasted 6 weeks but even so the relief was wonderful. The pain was in my foot and was

excruciating. gabapentin and amitriptline worked for me and osteopathy was brilliant

I am lucky enough to live within striking distance of the British School of Osteopathy where I can get treatment very cheaply. There may be a school in your area. I hope you find something soon to help you. D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.