I'm new here. I Have photos. Can I post them?

Posted , 5 users are following.

If I am allowed to, I will post only the photo of the area on my buttocks, near the top of my leg. A few months ago, back in Feb, I was with a guy where I was living and we had unprotected sex and he told me he had herpes on his lips. I never saw them or on his penis, but I knew he had them because I saw a photo he took of an outbreak. He got very angry with me when I asked him if he could give it to me, he blamed me for accusing him of sleeping around. (I didn't blame him at all, I'm not like that) I didn't have any symptoms at all, and it's been about 6 or 7 months since I had sex with him. Two nights ago my allergies flared up like they usually do every week and I had a bad fever and I was so worn out that I fell asleep earlier than I normally do. I woke up with this weird rash on my butt. I felt it and took photos and there were small blisters, then the next night, three little blisters formed on the out labia on the right side.

I went to the ER, and the doctor told me she isn't convinced it's herpes, and that my lymph nodes were not swollen on my groin area which is reassuring to her. She did not give me medication. I will hear from them in a day or so, and if I don't- it means the test came back negative. She took a swab. I had blood tests that came back negative before but she told me those are inaccurate and the most accurate test is swabbing. 

I am actually a lot more convinced that it's herpes. I popped all of the blisters because I thought they were tiny pimples or a heat rash, and this was not a good idea. This will be my very first outbreak ever if it's actually herpes. 

The thing I want to know is...since most websites and the doctors told me it takes 2-7 weeks or so to get your first outbreak if it occurs, after exposure, then why did it take months? I don't trust that information, I think it can take a long time for some. Everyone is different. I am trying really hard to convince myself that this is herpes so the call I know I will get won't sting so bad. (I made a bad pun, sorry..I am actually stinging right now after popping the blisters) 

Sorry for this long post. I think I just need reassurance that I'm right about this, and about my own body. Thank you to anyone who reads this. I am in no way judging anyone btw. I want everyone here to know that I do not believe in the stigmas behind herpes or anything else. 

Also- I was diagnosed with low grade HPV two weeks ago, too. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If it is herpes, you could of had symptoms before and not realized it. I personally had herpes for 2 years and never knew bc it was just a rash that I was told was an acne issue. Come to find out two years later it wasn't. So your best decision would be to just get them cultured and find out... Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

• Posted

They diagnosed me with hvs-2. sad My boyfriend is supportive, though and still wants to be with me and we haven't even met yet. He's going to meet me in two weeks. I hope you have support in your life, too.
    • Posted

I wasnt so educated about genital herpes until I was told to do a test... I had a very bad itching in april and doctors told me it was yeast infection. I went for a regular check up a month ago and they said i should do a blood and urine test to see if I have it..Three weeks ago I did the test and it came back positive. My bf left me five hours after
    • Posted

I found out I had HP when I was 15 and I neverd told my baby father , but I just broke up with him because i feel like he deserves better but I was careful so he won't get , but now he really want his family back but I'm scared to tell him smh
  • Posted

I wasn't so educated on genital herpes until I was told to do a blood and urine test to see of in have it... I had a really bad itching in April and doctors said it was a yeast infection. When I his went for a regular check up I was told to do the test. Three weeks ago I found out that I have genital herpes and my bf left me the same day..( crying)
    • Posted

Obviously your boyfriend wasn't the right one for you anyways, and if you have it chances are he does as well....
    • Posted

In my opinion, he already knows. Anyone who doesn't go and get tested is already pretty much guilty. Bc if you don't know already, you want to know. That or he's one of those a**holes who know they probably have it and don't care and will give it to many other people

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.