I'm scared I'm going crazy 😢

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm having such a bad day!

I've been thinking that I'm going crazy and I have no reason to believe this. I'm acting myself I'm in touch with reality and the only anxiety symptoms I am experiencing is the stomach butterflies and sweaty hands and feet.

The fact that I don't have that many anxiety symptoms makes me believe that I don't have anxiety I have a different mental health disorder.

My sister (who has been sectioned) emailed me earlier and it all began from there. I started to think 'what if it happens to me? What if I'm not acting normal?'. I feel like running far and wide just to keep my mind off this because I know it's actually stupid but I fear it so much!

Anyone else feel like this or ever felt like this?

I really need some reassurance right now!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I think your mind is racing. What is haooening to your sister is scary but they will give her the help she needs. It is scary to watch. I cant relate but i can see by this objectively what you are describing is a racing mind. Takes a few slow deep breathes in and out your nose and jse your belly when you breathe. Inhale thru your nise expanding your belly thn sloly exhale thru your nise allowing your bloy to flatten. Do this five times slowly. You are not going crazy. It is not going to happen to you. You are safe. Your thoughts are just thoughts they are not the trith you do not need to run with every thought you have. You are safe and your body is calming down now. 
    • Posted

Too many typos..inhale thru ur nose expanding your belly. Exhale thru your nose letting you belly flatten. Five times. Very slowly. If you cant do this use your mouth or use a straw but the breathes need to be slow. 
    • Posted

Thank you for ur reply! I've just done it and feel a little more relaxed. No worries about the typos I understood fine.

Why does anxiety have to exist ????

• Posted

Oddly it is a protective mechanism..haha doesnt feel like one. I hope you are in therapy. You deserve and need someone to vent to. You do have a lot going on.  Search mindfullness breathing on utube. Its a great go to in all this. 
    • Posted

Lol exactly, not when it's to this extreme!

I'm not just yet, I have only been experiencing this for 3 weeks when my sister got sectioned. I had witnessed her mental health go down hill and it scared me so much!

I do mindfulness every night and when I feel my thoughts are taking me away I try and be in the present and recognise everything going on around me instead of listening to my head.

Thanks for the advice really appreciate it ??

• Posted

This is anxiety. We all feel the way you do. Anxiety is not easy to deal with matter a fact I been having a bad day to just over worried about nothing feeling hot and numbness in the face it's no fun at all

• Posted

It isn't at all, I would have never realised the struggle if I wasn't going through it myself.

Sorry to hear ur having a bad day too, I hope tomorrow is better for u we all deserve some peace from this at times!

• Posted

Anxiety is without a doubt the hardest part of my life. My love, you're not going crazy. Everyone on this forum has anxiety and we all know how the anxiety trick works. Breath in through your nose slowly, hold it for 3-4 seconds and then breath out through your mouth slowly. Get your breathing to slow down and the rest will follow. The butterflies are terrible but it too is just a physical symptom from your anxiety. When I get them, I say to myself, butterflies are just like gas in your stomach...very uncomfortable but it won't kill me and they almost always go away. Feel better soon

• Posted

Thank you Vanessa! Really appreciate ur reassurance! I hate that anxiety does this to me, or us even.

Even though I understand what is happening it's like I still fall for its tricks!

I've just done a little work out and I'm feeling a lot better my thoughts have gone away and I'm getting the occasional butterfly.

• Posted

Yes I have all the excate same symptoms...feel horrible..dizzy lightheaded dont even really wanna go no where...I just went a bought a workbook and self help books hoping it helps..I also stumbled on here my goggle and the people are so nice and understand we all go through the same thing..
    • Posted

It's nice to know I'm not alone! & I agree, you feel a sense of belonging here. I've only just joined myself and found it so helpful to know we're all going through the same thing.

I need to invest in some self help books myself, I'm sure that'll make a difference!

Thanks for ur reply.

• Posted

Hi,sounds so familiar, I wanted to run far and wide too. I felt like I needed to drive a thousand miles an hour in the car. Yes I used to have bad butterfiles. There are fun butterflies, but these are not fun butterflies. I am not clear on you saying my sister was (sectioned) What's that? You are suffering from anxiety, and probably panic attacks. Get yourself to the your doctor right away,and nip this in the bud. You need a antidepressant. I promise you will get back to feeling like your old self.

• Posted

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Sectioned under the mental health act and put into a psychiatric hospital. Seeing everything she went through with her illness gave me panic attacks thinking it would happen to me, & this is where this anxiety came from.

I've been to my doctor twice and he has referred me to have an assessment on 1st August & they'll be able to tell me my options but I refused meds for now as I have only had this for 3 weeks.

Thanks for replying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.