I'm so lost and confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

From the moment I wake up I think about everything before I go out I start to feel anxiety symptoms worry,nausea,anxiousness when I go out to public places I always get a feeling that people are looking at me Im terrified of fainting so I avoid places that cause my anxiety so I won't faint but I know its all in my head when I go out I get this feeling of detachment,panic,afraid also it gets to the point where I have to pinch myself. cause I get a feeling that I'm going to fall thru the floor it helps when I'm with someone also I have this bad habit of not being myself I always look in the mirror and I always think about how I look when I'm around females I just can't stay in the open or in the public for a long time without feeling of dread I have to leave and be by myself I really need help!!!

5 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Have you seen anyone for this? are you taking anything to help?

• Posted

Yes I'm currently in therapy I havent really took anything to help I've just been in the mindset of overcoming this naturally

• Posted

It's the onset of agoraphobia. You need to arm yourself with as much info as you can upon this subject and how to deal with it.

Have you discussed this with your GP? If not you need to. Agoraphobia is difficult to overcome without help...I know from personal experience.

You will not faint. I never did even though I felt I might keel over at any given minute

Avoiding places is the worst thing you can do. Running "home" where you feel safe will only entrench you in full blown agoraphobia.

Your symptoms might disappear, be easier to deal with at home. but they have nothing to do with where you are when they strike. They are within you, so to speak. You carry them wherever you go.

For instance, you might be in the supermarket and you panic..so you don't go there again

You might be in the local shop..the library..anywhere and you panic. One by one you avoid the places where the anxiety strikes

The ending result is you dare not go anywhere. Your world shrinks until you become housebound

That's the reality of running away.

Get help for this dear. It can be coped with and eventually overcome.

• Posted

Hi Helen.

Just wanted to jump in and say that i too suffer from agoraphobia and have fainted on several occasions because it has just been too much.

My psychologist tried to walk me through the shop but i fainted on him, too.

It's not typical, but it does happen.

Just thought i'd add....

• Posted

Oh, apologies then!

I have genuinely never heard of an agoraphobic passing out.

How awful! I'M m so sorry

• Posted

You do not have enough knowledge about what all this is. The fight or flight gets triggered shooting of a panic attack. Understand the fight or flight response is your inborn, animal "survivor mode" ehich isnt working correctly anymore. Saying that the connection between panic attacks and "anxiety rules"  becomes an issue. Helen explained that nicely. So you have choices do nothing to helo yourself as well that won't pan out well, or get help. Learn, learn and learn everything about panic attepacks (the science behind it) theres is a ton of stuff out there. Get cbt workbook and go thry it. Get therapy, learn skills and tools to compensate and use so you can challenege this. This does come and go and can be challenged so dont allow it to get worse. You are dealing with a primitive animal instinct within you but you have a hierarchy of thiught and you will need to use it. By the way it wont be comfortable challenging it but it works. Desensitizes the the fear. Meds help in that area if needed

• Posted

You need to take ownership in whats happening. You need and cant strongly scream this loud enough.  learn everything you can about whats going on with you. Not only the "body" feelings. Because thats the key to open the door to heal. Books, videoa, therapy even meds at times. You will have a rocky journey filled with ups and downs and be told negative things at times but so what. Science is NOT a religion everyone needs to get that! Its not concrete or written in stone okay. Its only as smart as their their current knowledge, theories and treatments and can change in a minute.new treatments arise that squash old theories in treatments.  So dont believe anyone who tells you you cant recover or heal. Or realistically manage this. You so can. Forget being "normal" ..by the time you are half way done with this journey you will have reached a higher level of "being" then any "normal" person. Managing a primitive, inborn instinct that has gone awry requires all of you! Your mind, your body and your soul(spirit) it is the ultimate challenge of rising above your own automatic responses. It has and is done. Maybe one day there will be a "reset" treatment available but this is not that day.  I have been studying this stuff since the day i got it thats who i am. But it has heloed me tremendously understanding it all. I also did therapy, biofeedback, used meds intially i cant now, and have moved into a higher level of thinking via understanding the mind better. Mindfullness is fantastic in all this. If you do not out in the extreme amount of work needed dont bother getting help. This is a committment to yourself. Some people (half) get very licky and the pills help them a ton, at least for a few years and others have to walk the walk which sometimes feels like utter crap. It is just how it is. 

• Posted

Oh wow, I feel your pain just by what I've read. How long have you been dealing with this issue? Have you consulted a doctor regarding your symptoms? If so, were meds prescribed? Please seek medical treatment. You should also join a self help group with others suffering from the same symptoms. Groups of this kind can help you deal with interacting with others as well as sharing stories letting you know that you're not alone. Good luck to you dear. 

• Posted

I used to feel that way too!! I completely understand. When I was feeling the most, I spent less time around other people and I spent more time doing yoga and other healthy things even alone. For me, music always helps. I'll put music on and go for a walk. Another thing.....minimize the news you watch during this time and reality shows, etc....I even temporarily deactivated my social media. All that stuff can leave you feeling very toxic. My doctor put me on lamictal that has saved me from all those crazy feelings. I'm not sure if you're taking anything but I've been on it for 5 months and those dreadful feelings are barely there anymore. Just a thought.....take a look in the mirror and look into your own eyes and tell yourself you're beautiful. The first time I did this I didn't believe it. But I kept practicing and one day I just sat there really close to a mirror. No make up on. Just staring deeply into my own eyes. I ended up bursting into tears. We have to learn to love ourselves and get out of our damn heads. It's a struggle....I know. But we only have one life and we deserve to be happy!! You deserve to get

Out there and say hello to someone with confidence and rock out on the dance floor. It starts with being kind to yourself. Everything you just said is more common than you think. Sending hugs!!

• Posted

Wow!!!!!!! I'm 48 years old and being treated for major anxiety and depression at the moment. Have had it ALL my life but that's EXACTLY how I felt when I was 17 / 18. Horrible physical sensations too. I was put on antidepressents then but everyone told me I didn't need them. Dr thinks I have GAD. I felt comfortable sometimes when I was feeling like you do but anxiety was / is horrendus. Let me know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.