I'm so sick & tired of being a mental retard .. I just wana die

Posted , 5 users are following.

And ?? Iv had enuf

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You sound terribly depressed. But I suspect that you are not a "mental retard". I suspect that you might be going through a really tough time right now.

I've heard the same statement from a dear friend who was suffering from adverse side effects from an anti psychotic drug they were taking. Could that be what's happening?

• Posted

I think so after having a relapse because of mirtazapine back in March I can't seem to get well from it ..I don't no what to do . I'm really ill my pdr makes me feel like it's put on I wish .. because 2 meds havnt worked.. she says there's nothing else for me.. I cnt keep living I'm not living .

• Posted

You are not a mental retard Sharon, You just need to change a few things in your life. I know you think that you are in a dead end situation, but your not. You still have plenty of time to start again. You are a kind person, but you have always put others first. You really need to start thinking about youself and what you want in the future. Bi-polar makes the bad times worse, you can't make them go away, but you can learn how to manage them better. I think that someone in your life has let you down,and left you hanging by a thread, and now your frustrated because you have so much love to give and it's just sitting there doing nothing. Build up your selfconfidence again, you've come this far, you must have learnt a few things, It's time to find the real you again. Do you have an appointment arranged to see a Psyc/Dr to readdress your meds? The World needs kind, thoughtfull people like yourself, we can get through this. Al

• Posted

You could not be a mental retard if you are seeking help alone. If you have come this far then take the next step and see a professional for help. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi iv been getting professional help for years not diagnosed properly just taken meds because they say. My pdr makes me feel more worthless than I thought possible didn't think it could get any worse. I don't no what to do anymore my gp cnt over rule her .. ??

• Posted

Mirtazapine needs to be taken off the market.
    • Posted

I totally agree with you.. my pdr made me feel like a liar says she's never heard of such side effect.. I only managed to get the weight gain out & she shut me down. I have a list .

• Posted

Many many people have terrible side effects from psychotropic drugs. Your doctor is not the only one who acts like that. They think they know what's best for their patients, regardless of what the patients say.

Are you able to find an integrative psychiatrist? You might have to do a lot of searching. They will work with you to help them get off the medication that you hate. They will also know more about alternative health care solutions which don't involve drugs. They will help you with diet and supplements that are very effective.

You might also consider genetic testing to see if there are some metabolic issues which might indicate whether there's something in your metabolism that needs "tweaking". I have a very common genetic variation of mthfr which makes it difficult for my body to metabolize folate or folic acid. It is also a risk factor for mental health problems. You may find through this testing that you have difficulty eliminating toxins, or metabolizing nicotine or caffeine or alcohol.

• Posted

Thankyou for this I will ask my doctor for the test..I cnt go on like this I just feel like stopping the AD iv been on since March I believe it should of worked some what by now. I didn't taper off mirt she told me just to stop which I did and a week later start venlafaxine. .I think maybe this is why it mighten of worked ??

• Posted

Maybe your GP can look at you and see if you need magnesium and other vitamins to make you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.