I'm so tired of being in pain...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the pain to come back. I've been in remission for almost 2 months and every day I wake up and I'm scared to death it will start again. I wish someone could understand what I'm going through. My hubby doesn't understand when I sit there and cry because of the pain. Even when the pain isn't full force, I still hate those little shocks in my teeth. It's so painful... sometimes I just want my life to end because I know this will never get better... I live in fear every day. sad 

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean about the little shocks in your teeth. That's what I have now and for the last week or so. Just every now and then I get a slightly bigger one, just to remind me that it could be worse. I am almost afraid to drive in case I get a major attack which i'm on the highway doing 100 kph. I have memorised where the emergency flashers in my car are and I have a preset message on my phone I can hit to tell my husband and kids where I am (because i would have to try to pull over to the verge) and to come get me.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry that you have to do that... I hope and pray to God they find a cure for this awful disease... We shouldn't have to live this way. I live in constant fear every day. sad
  • Posted

I have atypical facial pain. My life has become my worst nightmare. I am 21 years old and I barely have relief, my pain is constant. Lyrica does not seem to work ease the pain in my teeth. It is the worst pain I have ever had. Cant do sh*t. Cant go to work and I think I am losing my friends... God help me out
    • Posted

Is it safe to assume that you have tried Tegretol as your starter medication?

• Posted

Dear Valkyrie,

actually no, I started with Amitriptylin two weeks ago (10 mg at night) and with Lyrica (Pregabalin) about 9 days ago. I am now at 250 mgs. So far nothing seems to work with the pain in my lower teeth. It is really a horrible feeling and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I just hate what my life has become. If I could turn back time 6 months ago, that would be heaven.

Do you have any ideas on what to try next? Or should I give the Lyrica more time? I do NOT take painkillers as they do nothing with my pain. Do you think acupunctur would make sense? Or maybe see a bonesetter?

Take care

Chris from Vienna, Austria, Europe

• Posted

While no drug seems to work for everyone, Tegretol seems to be the drug indicated when Trigeminal Neuralgia is suspected. To quote Medscape" Patients may find immediate and satisfying relief with one medication, typically carbamazepine." After a time many people find a need to add other medications or find that Tegretol side-effects make other medications preferable. Are you under the care of a Neurologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.