I'm suffering from floaters in my eyes when I'm outside during the day

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm suffering from floaters in my eyes when I'm outside during the day. I'm also have a suspicion that is have snow vision. I'm 15 years old and my doctor says that it's not normal to have this much floaters (and I have a lot of them) but the ophthalmologist couldn't find anything either. Does someone know what this could mean or know a cure? Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi mats45202: Do not worry too much about it, my sister used to have them after cateract , all you have to do is relax do not go near stove or oven, do not watch T.V. without using your black glasses or on the computer and if you are out in the snow you have to wear your black glasses. some time they increase due to dry eyes ask your doctor to give you drops this will help a lot. Good luck and let me know if this information help you?
    • Posted

I hope so, I'll try to wear sunglasses (I suppose that is what you mean with 'black glasses'wink as much as I can outside. I have them for 3 months now together with these stars with I suppose is called 'snow vision' and I have that all the time, I have the floaters just when there's light.

Thank you very well for this information!

• Posted

HI mats45202: I also have 2 huge floaters(mine used to look so big they gave me tiny panic attacks Everytime I looked at them) in my eyes which stand out so prominently in the sun it just annoys me so much. What I found relieving is that they just become prominent if you constantly keep looking for them. I used to constantly stare at the sky when I was outside and it just stressed me more. So after some reassurance by my opthalmologist that my eyes are perfectly healthy, I've just stopped looking for them and they seem to have gone away! Sounds crazy but I think the more you stress about them the more you'll see... Just stop worrying and everything will be alright. Hope this helps smile

• Posted

And your 'snow vision' is supposedly blue light entoptic phenomenon. That is normal too.

• Posted

And your 'snow vision' is supposedly blue light entoptic phenomenon. That is normal too.

• Posted

• Posted

Yes but I have them a lot and very intensive. They came with the floaters 3 months ago suddenly. The phenomenon where you are talking about are very minimal, but my complaints are very intensive
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm 22 and experienced my first floater when I was in 5th grade. Since then, I've experienced more and like many say I think it's because I can't stop thinking about them/focusing on them. But I've been trying to keep my mind off it... I also suffer from anxiety disorder so this doesn't help my case. As for blue light entoptic phenomenon, I see this too. I notice it more when I'm focusing too hard on my eyes. So, I feel your pain. It's really hard to ignore and adjust especially when you're young and these things apparently tend to happen with aging.. I hope you can get some peace of mind knowing you're not alone. 

Let me know if you've found any method to decrease them/if your eye doctor has given you any further info! Good luck!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.