I'm weaning off cymbalta, is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm down to 8 beads of cymbalta. This has been so hard. I have not been myself for a month and a half now. I have had really bad moments of anxiety and started doing some research and found the book " the road back ". I think it's helping. Only been on the supplements for three days. When I went from 15 beads to 8 beads my tmj got really bad. Ever since my jaw hurts, mainly on the left side and my left ear has been clogged for about a month. It feels like I just want it to pop! It's really annoying. Is this a withdrawal symptom? Is it tmj related? The worst thing about coming off all of this is that as more withdrawal symptoms arise I get more anxious. I need some guidance and validation of possible. Thank you so much. Hilary

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm also tapering from Cymbalta, I'm taking 4-6 weeks to reduce by 2% my only guess is that you've tapered by too many beads too quickly... I'm in a support group called Cymbalta hurts worse, and they advise that when getting down to the final few beads, the side effects are more difficult... I suggest you ask to join this group, they have helped me immensely x

• Posted

I did last night. I hope to get more relief. I'm freaking out!

• Posted

Hi Hilary, I didn't do beads I just went cold turkey, which I wouldn't recommend ever. As for the pain your describing I suffered that and more while on them,I'm still withdrawing but am on citalopram low dose just now so have all the anxiety and such likes. I wish you all the best

• Posted

Hi Hilary,

I would never have even thought about opening the tablets and taking the individual beads. What dose were you intially on and how long has it taken you get down to 8 beads?  Hopefully you are over the worst of things now?

Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.