I may have fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey I didn't know where to turn, I'm waiting to see my doctor about this to find out if I have fibromyalgia or not. I was just wondering if my symptoms are that or could be something else?

I always have pain in several areas of my body, some days are not as bad others it's all over and I can't get out of bed. I'm always tired even after a good 8 hours sleep. And majority of nights I wake a few times in pain, I also have CTS, IBS, depression and anxiety. Everything I've read has pointed to fibro, but I know I shouldn't take Google's answers as gospel. So that's why I thought I would write here to get someone's opinion

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lydia you have a lot of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, I was diagnosed the middle of last year. However it takes ages to get a diagnosis because doctors will want to rule out other things with the same symptoms first. You should see GP and get these tests done and maybe you will get a quicker diagnosis and treatment eggs, pain killers, antidepressants etc. I know what you are going through with pain and hope you get the help you need soon. Gentle hugs to you x
  • Posted

It can be but with fibro mimicking so many other diseases symptoms they have been ruled out. See a rheumatologist to verify. Good luck!

And Arlene:

I was trying to figure out the egg thing. So thank you for clearing that up. Lol

• Posted

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm not sure how to bring it up? I don't want to seem like one of the people who make stuff up or tell the doctor what they have, if you know what I mean. But I also don't want to list my symptoms and nothing be done. So far with other issues my GP hasn't been very good

• Posted

Talk to your GP. If they don't listen and run tests get another GP. I had too.

My insurance had changed and was given a GP. I started having symptoms and he told me i was just depressed. I said but I'm having heart palpitations and he said it's nothing just anxiety cause I wasn't working. I just needed to get up and get back out there.

Called insurance carrier and told them what happened and got a new doctor the next day. You have to learn to be your own advocate.turns out that the new doctor referred me to a cardiologist. Had a heart murmur/ leaky valve. Press until you get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.