I need advice on prediabetes

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a year ago by nonfasting bloodsugar was 120 about 20-30 mins after eating fastfood. I just had my non fasting done and it was 150, but i was under a lot of stress and anxiety(i thought i had a stroke), think i drank coffee and had a sub with white bread and dressing 90 minutes later. i am about 80 lbs overweight and as of them i hadnt done cardio in a long while. since then, about 3 weeks ago i've lost 12 lbs and am doing 15 miles of intense cardio a week over a span of 115 minutes.my resting blood pressure with coffee in my system is currently 120-130. What are the odds that i went from nothing to prediabetes in just a year? could that extra 10 points be because of white bread, lack of sleep or stress? I am worried i am prediabetic now. 150 isn't insanely high, but from what i read anything over 140 is bad news.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do not like prediabeties as a term/word let alone a condition.  Reminds me of a little bit pregnant.

The body changes, I went for 10 years on nothing but Metformin then started insulin. Now I take 200 units a day, 

I am not a medical professional and will  tell you to see your doctor or get one.

My Dr makes decisions on the A1C which is fasting. I have gotten to the point were I ignore any numbers other than fasting. My last A1Ctest was 6.4 down from 7.2 a year and one half ago at least in the right direction,. I have had afternoon dailys over 200, and 120 the next morning. I rarely eat white bread or rice both are a guarnteed 80-90 point spike in my testing. 

Daily numbers are an indicator and they will help you understand the fuel you put into your  body. Everyone is different.

There is no magic bullet, drug, or herb that cures Big D.

Get your Dr to do an A1C and keep losing weight. 

Big D is a life long adjustment to your life. Unless of course you want to court the dark side of what can happen. 

• Posted

I'm 75 years old have Type 2 and on 2 x 500mg Metformin per day.

Can you please explain the difference between your AiC test results of "6.4 down from 7.2 a year and one half ago" and my recent HbA1c which reads "44 mmol/mol range 20.00 - 42 mmol/mol"?

I'm confused - are they two different tests?

• Posted

I use a different unit of measurement. Non diabetic your sugar is btw 4-6. Anything about 7 before eating is considered prediabetic. After eating if your sugar is higher than 9-10 then chances are you are prediabetic. If you are overweight the only thing you can do if drop the weight to what's healthy for your age and height. If you can drop the weight and watch your diet you may be able to avoid diabetes. However, there will always be that chance that you will develop it and have to take meds at some point in you life. Once you're prediabetic, you become susceptible to becoming diabetic at any point in you life, especially once you’re older.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.